Hello

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all.

After a couple of years of watching gold prospecting shows on the box, my wife and I are finally ready to give it a go and hopefully have some fun.
We are now semi retired and have a bit of time on our hands so are now looking at what sort of gear to buy.

Cheers.

John

JohnZ said:
G'day all.

After a couple of years of watching gold prospecting shows on the box, my wife and I are finally ready to give it a go and hopefully have some fun.
We are now semi retired and have a bit of time on our hands so are now looking at what sort of gear to buy.

Cheers.

John

My brother an I started out with goggles in some of those fresh water streams near the QLD/NSW coast. I wish we'd kept some of the pretty stones we pulled out 50 years ago.... :)

Thanks Guys.
We are keen on detecting and looking at the Minelab range of detectors. I'm not sure whether to go for new equipment or look at some second hand items. Does much go wrong with these things?

Yes things can happen... They are a sensitive bit of electronics after all... They get dropped or used to swat snakes away... I would go new if I could afford one..

LW...

Welcome Johnny. 2nd hand is fine 95% of the time. Best to buy the best that you can afford and look after it. Good 2nd hand machines do hold their value. Good luck.
Where are you based John?
Diggit. :Y:

Hi Diggit,

I'm from the Narellan area, south west Sydney.
I've had a bit of a look at what is available 2nd hand and your right they do hold their value. We will most likely go for a new machine.

Thanks all for the input.

Hi JohnZ.. im new to this as well and have found the forum very informative.. good luck with it all

Latest posts