Tent heaters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Goldchaser1 said:

Had one just like that once turned out to be faulty :( so I threw it out :beer: pretty sure it was a wiring problem but never actually found the fault, thought it was best for my own safety :beer:

Ive had a couple very similar to that one too... they were defective as well :rolleyes:
Worked GREAT for a week or two , then intermittently broke down, definitely a wiring problem 8.(

Sandta said:
RM Outback said:
Goldchaser1 said:

Had one just like that once turned out to be faulty :( so I threw it out :beer: pretty sure it was a wiring problem but never actually found the fault, thought it was best for my own safety :beer:

Ive had a couple very similar to that one too... they were defective as well :rolleyes:
Worked GREAT for a week or two , then intermittently broke down, definitely a wiring problem 8.(

Yeah it was a while ago now and I doubt the advancement in technology has fixed the problem :lol: if anything I'm pretty sure that with IT development specifically social media it's causing more problems :lol: :beer:

Thanks for the help fellas :Y:

I'm still a little hesitant to get a heater that goes in the tent with you because of the mentioned dangers. I would feel a bit more confident with the unit outside of the main room of the tent and warm air pumped in.

The heater goldchaser1 put up seems to be the best of the bunch so far.
I found this one advitised that does the same thing but for the lady's of this forum :playful:

1578707382_images.jpg

HippyProspecting said:
I'm still a little hesitant to get a heater that goes in the tent with you because of the mentioned dangers. I would feel a bit more confident with the unit outside of the main room of the tent and warm air pumped in.

This is the one you want, then:
https://www.tentworld.com.au/buy-sale/gasmate-ducted-camping-gas-heater

1578710649_ch100.jpg

Description

Typically, heating the internal space of your tent has been unsafe and highly questionable. Consequently, camping in winter can be too cold for many! Finally, a solution has come forth from one of Australia's most trusted names. The Gasmate Ducted Camping Gas Heater is revolutionary for the camping market. Including many safety features, this ducted heater produces plenty of warmth for you and your family! The unit itself remains outside your tent, caravan or camper trailer. The battery-operated fan propels the heated air through the ducted pipes, directly into your sleeping space. As the combustion unit remains outside, you won't need to worry about carbon monoxide poisoning - you can sleep in peace, and now, warmth as well.

The Gasmate Ducted Camping Gas Heater is designed with a simple, automatic ignition. Thanks to the rechargeable 12V battery, the unit can be charged via the 240V power supply. The heating unit itself operates on either a propane gas canister or LPG cylinder, making it able to cater to each camper's needs. It is also fully certified to Australian and New Zealand standards. Overall, we believe this product is well designed. We couldn't recommend it any higher!

Thanks grubstake and redfin.
I'm suprised there are not more units like those.

I did read there are small print warnings on the other type of in tent heaters that mention not to use in enclosed areas??? Why call it a tent heater then???

HippyProspecting said:
Thanks for the help fellas :Y:

The heater goldchaser1 put up seems to be the best of the bunch so far.
I found this one advitised that does the same thing but for the lady's of this forum :playful:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12034/1578707382_images.jpg

yeah thats rockhunter from the men in mining shoot 1978.....

Latest posts