Home made rock crusher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Alex
Congratulations on your crusher mate . I am keen to try and build one myself.
I would really love to get a look at those picture of the build please. If you would be so kind to show me what pics you have.

Thank you

John

Hi again Alex

Can you please tell what what diameter the holes are in the outlet for the crusher?

Thanks John

wyo1934 said:
Alex: love the rock crusher. what is the rpm that you use with the gas engine? You said your next project is the jaw crusher. did you built this your self?
I am trying to built a jaw crusher myself - do you have plans or photos of your jaw crusher?
thanks,
wyo1934
Not entirely sure about the RPM, by the sound of the engine and being similar to a generator engine it'd be running around 2000-3500rpm. The engine has a throttle lever so it can be varied easily is governed so it'll hold that RPM under load.
No it was a built jaw crusher, found out that the toggle linkages were broken so I didn't follow it up.

John, Thanks mate. The best pictures are already posted, I did do plans for this as I did this for a school project but I think I threw them out, I remember some of the measurement were different to the actual machine though. Cant remember the outlet and inlet dimensions, have a feeling its around 100 mm intake 80mm output.
I wouldn't get fussy about dimensions, I only designed this in my head and used the commercial one from reeds as my inspiration. Just use what you got and see what you come up with. If you make one bigger than what i have made it would be worth using slightly thicker materials.

Thanks again Alex
So far I have quite a few of the parts to start my project. I have a 2HP single phase motor with 25 mm shaft, (also have a 5.5 hp Honda) I plan to weld mounting brackets for both the 2hp and the 5.5 so I can use either petrol or electric - will trial both to see which one works best. Have a 100 mm pulley and a 300 mm pulley. By my calculations this should result in about 1400 rpm on the 2HP. Also have a 600 mm X 25 mm shaft for the crushing chamber and two pillow block bearings. I am going to cut down and use the ends from some old chain dogs instead of hammers (they are hardened steel). Will post a few photos when I get started. Still looking for a 400 mm diameter piece of steel pipe. Have an old pump frame so will use that - it was a great idea you gave me - thank you.

Cheers John

Hi Alex,

So what ended up happening to the jaw crusher project? If the linkages are knackered you could easily replace them surely.

I have just built my crusher and trying to come to terms with its potential. As another forum member has shown me a jaw crusher feeding the other crusher makes things so much easier and eliminates the need to pre crush larger rocks.

Pretty keen to hear how yours is going.

CHEERS

Hi MJB,
It was a fairly big sized one, or at least in the prospecting world it would be considered big and it was installed up at another mine and required to be uninstalled with an oxy set and lifted onto a truck with a hiab and once I found out it had broken toggles not worth the effort so she can rust away where she stands.
I haven't run my crusher since the photos were taken, she's sitting in the shed ready for one day.
Here's the old jaw crusher is question
1412670958_img_1293-optimized.jpg

1412670958_img_1292-optimized.jpg

fair enough mate...if its too costly to get going again it ain't worth it.

Still, I always love to see old machinery in action....Sovereign Hill rocks my world!!

You gotta get that crusher of yours earning its keep :)

Cheers

Hello Alex, your homemade rock crusher is brilliant, do you perhaps have plans or diagrams that you are willing to share?

Hi all
I have the same style crusher at that I have rebuilt but is only 75 wide, I am currently drawing up a 150mm wide x 300mm dia impact mill and a half way through making a 100mm wide jaw crusher to pre crush for the impact mill. I have made the outlet slots with a angle grinder on a smaller mill with a cutting blade.
Don't have any pic's as yet

Cheers Bruce

G'day Bruce,
Why not save yourself some work and just make a bigger impact mill?
No need for the jaw crusher then...

Hi Hardyakka
Bigger impact on the plans 12" dia x 6" wide, but the jaw was a give it a crack and see if I can make one with the gear I had laying about at home left over from other projects

Regards Bruce

Gedday Jed I would greatly appreciate the drawings or photos of the inside working and how you get the final product out..
Thanks Jed
Regards
Andrew

Email me.

Latest posts