First gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1578301955_img_20200106_154808_544.jpg

My first time panning and I'm pretty happy

Looks good for Eldorado gold.

Water was scarce and it was blanketed in smoke yesterday when I was in there.

Looks like your on to a nice spot. :Y:

OldGT said:
Looks good for Eldorado gold.

Water was scarce and it was blanketed in smoke yesterday when I was in there.

Looks like your on to a nice spot. :Y:
Yes there was no running water when I was there over new years, just a few pools but plenty of 'fresh' crevices and holes because of the lack of H2O.. it was also a little too hot to work at full capacity, I can imagine working much harder in cooler weather..

Worked a few crevices down from the crossing but the bees were friendly only stopped in for couple hours returning from a mates house in MT Beauty helping him secure up for any fire threat.

Plenty of high end real estate to get into, the walk back and forth to the deeper pools was killer though.

Im glad you had a good result, Eldorado just got that charm of always being a producer.

Once the fires settle Ill be back up hiking in a few different areas Ive been looking at for a couple years within an hours drive, but Eldorado always have a soft spot for.

RM Outback said:
mineallmine said:
mineallmine said:
Sorry bout that malfunction

No need to apologise just give us an update :) I bet your dreaming about the place until you can get back into it :Y: :beer:
Ha yep hopefully be back Ozday wknd!
If it's as hot as new years was I'll have to seriously rethink it tho, that heat was oppressive. But I'll have a brand new equinox 800 this time for a swing around as well! That should be fun. I found 5 or 6 lead shot and a button when we were there ny with my friends nox. But def looking forward to working the high banker again (if it's not total fire ban) and panning the spoils. Did a bit of practicing when I got back home last time and feel a lot more confident in my panning technique (I'm calling it technique alright!?!!) But hoping to hit some beaches next week coz I think my nox is arriving Monday. Let the learning begin!!

HomerJSimpson said:
WOW! That's awesome mate!!

I'm hoping to go on a camping trip soon and pan for gold for my first time. I hope I do as well as you!!
Thanks but it really isn't as big as it looks in the pic ..it's like dust lol

mineallmine said:
HomerJSimpson said:
WOW! That's awesome mate!!

I'm hoping to go on a camping trip soon and pan for gold for my first time. I hope I do as well as you!!
Thanks but it really isn't as big as it looks in the pic ..it's like dust lol

It all adds up over time and it's supposed to be great fun and excitement. or so I've heard lol. :Y:

Latest posts