GPX Audio Question (Limited English).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello! Question to the electronics engineers. I want to connect a portable DSO-188 type oscilloscope through a tee in parallel with the headphones to the GPX battery in order to judge by the scan which metal, color or black, because my ears do not hear the difference. I myself am in electronics. Your opinions.
1578188341_20191211_133038.jpg

I'm unsure of what you want.
The lower left rad pin looks to be stereo.
And the other rad pin seems to look mono.
Is stereo output what you want?

( ) ( -?)
YA khochu k malomu raz'yemu (zheltyy tsvet) podklyuchit' ostsillograf i posmotret' na razverstke chto on pokazhet (i pokazhet-li?)
I want to connect an oscilloscope to a small connector (yellow) and look at the scan what it will show (and will it show?)

Perhaps the third wire is braided (the device was made by my friend, I must clarify

Yarosh. I did not understand your question. I just wanted to find out on your forum the thing that interests me. Perhaps a bad translation.

you would simply connect the oscilloscope signal in to the Audio headphone out.
On the 3.5mm jack;
Tip is Audio ch1
Ring is Audio ch2
and sleeve is common or gnd
If the output is in stereo then you will need to mix the 2 signals using a resistor and capacitors, google "stereo to mono with filtering".

Is the oscilloscope portable so you can use it outside in the bush or used for testing on workbench ?

Sometimes a gold signal will be very difficult to hear , but oscilloscope can adjust screen amplitude 10x 100x 1000x

My hearing is also damaged from industrial noise , like other gentleman said above , my hearing improves when I am far from my wife.

This is a simple mixing circuit, if you are not getting the full spectrum on your scope you can try removing the capacitors.

If the scope is a dual trace you can conect L to first input ch and right to the other input ch.

1578191753_swaoi.jpg

Thanks! I will comprehend what I heard. This oscilloscope is the size of a pack of self-powered cigarettes. I planned to connect them in parallel with the headphones. I heard a signal, connected an oscilloscope, looked, made a decisi.
But the question is. The signal we hear when the coil moves. How will the oscilloscope see it?

Yes. I feel that a good topic for discussion and implementation has been raised. Only knowledge is not enough. I will be glad to see any points of view.

I have a small DSO similar to the DSO-188 you mentioned.
I use mine for tracing coarse signals.
I don't think your unit will give the resolution that you need to clearly identify small signals in the noise signal.

Grandfather Driver! More. Any information that may seem secondary to you can be extremely important to me.

Grandfather Driver! More. Any information that may seem secondary to you can be extremely important to me.

Latest posts