My first serious go at this on my own

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all!

After getting some tips on tools and stuff, I decided to go out there on my own to see what I can find, and now importantly whether I'd be able to dig it up. Well, I can report that I was successful!!!!!

I decided to have a look around an old cemetery that's nearby. I didn't go on the cemetery grounds, just along the outside. I was working on the theory that in the olden days people would have arrived on horseback and tied their horses up along the fence, and maybe they may have dropped something. Today, at least where I was looking, I can report that this theory was not confirmed lol all I found is rubbish.

1577942698_rps20200102_162437.jpg

Looks like I found the remnants of an aluminium can, and what appears to be two pieces of lead. While I was there a volunteer who keeps the cemetery clean stopped by, and he was saying that years ago the council used waste from the local lead smelter to level the ground, so that explains why I found pieces of lead.

Anyways, I found nothing of worth today, but I feel good because I didn't need my kids to help me dig the holes!!

Have a great day people!!

Well Kato's first finds were alfoil, wrapped around Ferro Chocolates....

She was 2yrs old, now she is 15yrs swinging a CTX3030 !

See what damage a hobby like this can do to a person ? :8

AND I would not have it any other way. O:)

Come over to the DARK side Homer, there is canslaw and coins to be had, come to the DARK side....

:)

It really is practise with what ever detector you have, hours of practise.
Dig every thing it hits on.

Latest posts