1875 penny

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all,
On a recent new permission hunt, the only coin i found was this 1875 penny
The landowner asked if i could clean it up and straighten it for him
Well , we all know that isnt going to end well (gave it a bit of a tumble anyway)
I have been through all my coins but havent got another one
So i would like to ask if someone has a decent one they would be willing to part with
Please PM me if you can help
Im happy to pay a few bucks if necessary
1576267591_img_9182.jpg

1576267619_img_9184.jpg

I kinda like the look of it bent like that Sandta. It's sort of surreal like a Salvador Dali creation. It's different :Y:

Also, it's a bit like those nuggets that people sometimes find that are orange, red, or black, and then they clean them up with chemicals to make them look more like gold. In its natural state it kind of gives more context as to where it was found and why it was found like that. I guess it all comes down to personal taste though in the end, and it was found by you.

could always tell him about the tradition of the love token which they bent the coin and gave it to there love ones makes a more interesting coin anyway

I just put 1875 into the search with show posts and hey presto.... 4 pages of search comes up :Y:

Just remember that a 1875 Heaton penny mint in any condition is very much a sort after coin UNC sells for about $2000.00 mintage of about 750,000
cheers db

Im not out to get someones treasure !!
I had no idea this coin could be of any value
Thanks everyone but dont worry , ill make do with what i have

Didn't manage to find one Sandta, your coin isn't worth much - 2000 is for an uncirculated vs bent detected example. Tell them it stopped a bushranger's bullet and saved a guys life, that's why it is bent. ;)

Latest posts