mystery object

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys found this today its made of brass with For Best results keep cleaned and oiled and seems to be part of mechanism my first though was part of a percussion cap rifle but anyone know for sure came from a tasmanian gold mining town

1575788152_rifle_plate.jpg

1575788181_rifle_plate2.jpg

Hmmm...

Doesnt remind me of a firearm part, but certainly makes me think of a tape measure device, it looks like it has a guide for pulling something through it.

Could you put something next to it for size reference ??

:)

The ones I had were always the 'six shooter' that had the rolled back coming up from the handle and the hammer would fall on the flat section of the slide and the bottom right pin looks like the pivot point where the gun opened to put the roll of caps in, some were like the following and others opened in different ways.

1575837981_45b23610c01b9e3f1cf56e0ded72da77.jpg

Graham

Yep, I used to love shooting my sister with a spud gun powered by caps. And I had a set of six shooters that went with my Milky Bar Sherrifs badge, cowboy hat, chaps and belt with holsters. :cool:

Latest posts