Finds from Perth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought I'd show of my finds this weekend, 6 hours of searching in the water with my new tony eisenhower made waterproof headphones

25 dollar bucks, 90 grams of sterling and an 18ct gold ring

1575786686_20191208_114706.jpg

Good weather for it, maybe a little too hot. Either way you made some great finds, nice chunker of a silver chain there. :perfect:

Goldpick said:
Good weather for it, maybe a little too hot. Either way you made some great finds, nice chunker of a silver chain there. :perfect:

A guy swam out to me and asked how i was doing, i said not much at that point as i was pulling up my scoop and that chain was dangling down. Bloke must have thought i was full of it haha.
That gold ring was a beeeuuuuatiful sight in the scoop.

Back with another weekend hunt. No gold this weekend, actually I'm in a bit of a slump. Not sure why but I seem to be getting a bit overdue on finding a decent gold ring. I seem to be nailing the rings - found about 7 in total this weekend - just no gold.

Tally for the weekend was 2 silver chains, 4 silver rings, some gold plated stuff (the ring got my blood pumping for a moment) and about $14 in coins. Plus I'd say 1/2 a shopping bag of junk.

The stone in the smaller ring is super sparkly, the wife likes it.

1579423767_20200119_162622_2.jpg

Impressive finds considering you're in a 'slump'! I bet the gold will come next time you go out.

Ok, long weekend is over, no gold (argh!) but a decent silver ring with I think a yellow topaz, about $20 in change and a long silver chain. The cross and little ring are junkers.
I focused on digging every signal, even the slightest chirp. I got a lot more junk, at one point I dug a chain which was plated copper which gave a -5 all the way. This suprised me a lot, however after washing it off and letting it dry it became covered in rust! It explains the -5 signal so confidence restored.

1580167867_20200128_071321_2.jpg

A pretty uninspiring hunt this morning, 2 silver rings and $2.80. The gold drought continues which is kind of odd given all silver rings I find, I'm certainly in the drop zone for jewlery and coins.
I tried lowering my recovery speed and upping my sensitivity this morning to see if the gold is sitting just a bit deeper, but it made searching impossible. sens 20 and recovery 6 is all the nox can handle. If I even go to recovery 5 and slow right down to a crawl I still get constant random chirps which aren't repeatable but send me searching for nothing. Maybe when bonus time rolls around I'll get the 15 inch coil.

One of the rings was a bit of a whopper though. The smaller square type ring I almost mistook for rubbish until I saw the hallmark on it.

1580543156_20200201_153447.jpg

Perth Tim said:
A pretty uninspiring hunt this morning, 2 silver rings and $2.80. The gold drought continues which is kind of odd given all silver rings I find, I'm certainly in the drop zone for jewlery and coins.
I tried lowering my recovery speed and upping my sensitivity this morning to see if the gold is sitting just a bit deeper, but it made searching impossible. sens 20 and recovery 6 is all the nox can handle. If I even go to recovery 5 and slow right down to a crawl I still get constant random chirps which aren't repeatable but send me searching for nothing. Maybe when bonus time rolls around I'll get the 15 inch coil.

One of the rings was a bit of a whopper though. The smaller square type ring I almost mistook for rubbish until I saw the hallmark on it.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/15405/1580543156_20200201_153447.jpg
Same in most places , silver chains and rings since November .