Lithium auxillary battery....simple please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
Please a simple answer for a simple bloke.
It's probably been covered but some of you blokes just confuddle the crap out of me!

I have the perentie with a normal every day starter battery under the seat. I have a fridge and I have a solar panel to mount on the roof which I think is around 240 what ever it is.

I would like to get a lithium battery as an auxillery to run the fridge probably 120 to 150. I would like it to charge by the alternator as I drive and by the roof panel when I'm parked.

What else do I need?

Cheers!

The Projecta 25amp dc dc charger will do the job
.Anderson plugs good to get a different color for solar connections.
.some 8# gauge heavy duty red and black cable
.some 4 mm red and black cable
.some 2.5 mm red cable
.A 12 v led indicator light for dash
.A few crimp lugs for 4 mm / 2.5 mm
.A few crimp lugs for 8# cable for battery terminals and negative link and inline fuses
2x 50 amp in-line fuses .
. A fuse box with some 10 amp fuses . .12 v ciggy sockets .
. A volt meter with a USB socket
.A lug crimper
.Soldering torch and solder
. Red and black shrink tube or tape . This is how I did my set up and it works a treat .
Can help with wiring diagram when needed simples :cool:
Cheers Booney.

cairnspom said:
What size is the fridge Steve?
mainly use a 55 litre evacool fridge mate but also have an 80 litre(?) Engel

Thanks fellas so a DC to DC charger :Y: The wiring and fuses etc I can handle the main thing I was concerned with was the charger and regulator bit.

As for the Gerbil suggestions, have gone that route before...they don't last long and cost me more in 100mph tape

have a look on supra four wheel drive centre web site ctec dc-dc charger and solar and other goodies there, i order through them all of the time when i lived on the family station

Thanks FL, I'll take a peek, they make good stuff.

I had a Ctek 25 amp battery charger before and it was an excellent and well made bit of gear. I blew it up and it was no fault of the unit.

Another option is the Ark power box, has a smart dc-dc charger built in and has an inverter built in too. It comes with a 240v lead for charging at home and a cigarette lighter plug for charging on the go. They are lithium battery compatible.

Latest posts