looking to buy GPX 4500

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi everyone..
Im keeping my eye out on PA for anyone selling a GPX 4500
My budget isn't massive but im trying...

Similary if anyone has a link that might be useful regarding this please let me know :D

Much thx

:perfect: :goldnugget: :koala:

Great machine well worth the investment.
Just be aware that there are some fakes getting around.
Best bet is to find a machine that still has some waranty and a serial number you can check with mine lab before handing over any cash.
Perfect buy , if you can afford it, is to buy brand new.
:perfect:

cheers nucopia....
I feel this next detector will be the one that I stick with for quite a few years...
so id like to be aware of the pitfalls before I hand over 'hard-cash'...
from the searching ive done around so far ive seen (even through Minelab notices) that there are a bunch of fakes out there....
.....as well as quite a number of stolen 4500's.....
TOTALLY don't need any headaches.

If I were to buy brand new - I see Minelab have re-released the 4500 - would it be best to buy from Minelab and/or its dealerships itself?
I see occasionally a link here n there for some Gold Equipment businesss that also carry them too...

Some of these links are broken so I get 'FILE 404 - Page not found' thing but ill keep searching.....

Jus out of curiousity - IF I were to buy 2nd hand with some warranty & a Serial Number,
is checking THAT serial number as simple as emailing MINELAB and awaiting their response?

But I totally agree - it'd be a great investment and one that would do me for years into the future,
So its very critical I do it right.
:perfect:

Maybe give them a phone call with all the info you have...

serial number etc

Goody

thanks Goody.....
yeah entering 'grey waters' shelling out this kind of $ potentially so I appreciate the help.

Incidentally once I make this 4500 purchase ill be likely listing my Garrett AT GOLD at some stage on here to sell...

Well.....everywhere across Victoria atm (not the beach though) LOL

Mainly central Victoria as im moving to Bendigo next year but may also get myself over to WA at some stage also...

If I had a lazy $5,500 id probably get the gpx 5000 but yeahhh - out of my budget range :(

ill get onto Minelab on Monday and see what they have going deal-wise with the 4500 and fingers crossed...

Oh really? damn.......

well that sub then....pretty much every dealership ive looked at to now doesn't have any it seems.

so I guess that pretty much only leaves me the choice of buying 2nd hand.....
well, as long as it has some warranty and a valid serial number it might be my only choice.

thanks DED

when buying one 2nd hand, you can verify the serial number on the Minelab website.
https://verify.minelab.com/index.html#/form/serial
just make sure the S/N sticker doesn't look fake or like its been removed/replaced
even without warranty they are still worth buying. Not many people have problems with them
I have an even older GPX4000 & it runs rock solid.

Thanks for that Minelab site link DED
ill be sure to check ANY serial number when Im looking.

As long as the SN checks out and the unit functions as it should I probably buy without a warranty...

Might have to make the Garrett last a little longer until then....

Since they stopped making the 4500 it looks like the price of the sdc 2300 and the gpx 5000 has gone up . so one would think second hand prices will go a up little for awhile . But Buy second hand with extras and you should do ok 4500 great machine

Cheers lord.1
I see there are some available in the US new but will keep my eye out still for a good second-hand unit here....

The thing im having trouble figuring out is this:

IF the 4500 is such a great unit AND STILL in high demand....WHY on Earth did Minelab stop making them??
God they could still make sell a sh*t-tonne of these given their popularity and demand....

I mean sure, id LOVE to go n get a gpx 5000 or a gpx 7000.......anyone got 5-10K they wanna loan me?? hahahaha

:eek: :argh: 8.( :koala:

Colour&Shape said:
Cheers lord.1
The thing im having trouble figuring out is this:
IF the 4500 is such a great unit AND STILL in high demand....WHY on Earth did Minelab stop making them??
God they could still make sell a sh*t-tonne of these given their popularity and demand....

This is the second time that Minelab have dropped the GPX4500 from their range! It was originally replaced by the 5000 and the 4800 (more of a Euro relic detector), but they brought it back without explanation, perhaps to hit a competitive price point to the Garrett ATX.

1575859349_p1000927.jpg

1575859349_p1000928.jpg

1575859349_p1000929.jpg

1575859349_p1000930.jpg

1575859349_p1000931.jpg

1575859349_p1000932.jpg

1575859349_p1000933.jpg

1575859349_p1000934.jpg

1575859349_p1000935.jpg
I have a GPX4500 that I must get rid of. At 73 and three back operations in the past and now 3 prolapse discs, my WA dream has ended.
There is the 4500, two batteries and curly cords, original headphones and 11" DD and 11"mono. Also have NF 18"mono round and 14x9" mono.
There is also an minelab 8" Mono round and coiltek 18x12" mono. Most with extra shafts.
All had little use ie none over the last 4 years. (kept batteries charged).
I am in Yass NSW and bring to Vic.
Asking $3500 for the lot
Gavin

Gavin that looks superb..
im sorry about all your operations mate....as Mick Jagger said 'what a drag it is getting old'....
Im in Benalla and shorty going to be moving to Bendigo with a lil luck...

I agree its a great buy at that price....
in all honesty im probably about 4 weeks off having the funds together.
If I miss out then best of luck to whoever picks up the bargain.....

100% I will acquire a 4500 in time......
Relocating and getting a gpx 4500....yeah its gonna take some planning....
I figure at least if im in the Golden Triangle for the next few years then the rest can be figured out with good budget planning.

atm my budget total is just shy of 3K but ill keep saving n keep my eyes open.....
No doubt this unit will sell by the time I have 3.5K together but best of luck to the lucky buyer

:goldpan: :koala: :pickshovel: :perfect:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts