Cabbing Machine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is one on EBay starting bid $1,999.00 from QLD if that helps mate

Lortone 6" 6 Wheel Cabbing Polishing Machine. In near perfect condition. Machine is mounted with Genuine Diamond Pacific Wheels for cabbing Australian Opal and other Materials. The machine is approximately 12mths old and has had little use.

These are US made machines, imported and sold by Gemcuts in Australia for approx $2450 fully set up with Premium Wheels delivered.

Thanks 7.62, got my eye on an 8" 4 wheeler and keep a regular eye out on eBay, and Gumtree plus Metalsmith Garage and Aussie Lapidary on Fakebook.

I've seen the one you mentioned on Gumtree, he's only just listed it on eBay, asking top money for a second hand unit. The same unit just sold in Sapphire and the seller was asking $1700. For $2k, I'd do better to scoot down to Gemcuts as they're only an hour south, for the extra $$s I'd get new wheels and full warranty.

Thought I'd pop something on AP to see if there is anyone with one in the back shed that they might have been thinking about selling but haven't taken the final jump or maybe they hate dealing with the Gumtree tyre kickers or other online systems.

Even thought about building one by it will probably end up being another not quite finished project due to other commitments. ;) We all have them :)

I have put the word out Dihusky... I thought you were building one, or was that one of those 'Other' projects... Lol... My shed is full of 'Those Projects'...

LW....

look out for a cabking i got a six wheeled one and does everything i need and you can also get a saw adaption

LoneWolf said:
I have put the word out Dihusky... I thought you were building one, or was that one of those 'Other' projects... Lol... My shed is full of 'Those Projects'...

LW....

Yes, built that one and it's dedicated to cerium polishing and probably diamond sawing. Helps minimise contamination of the cerium.

Talking with a guy who is making a really solid 8" x 4 wheel with the option of 6 wheels. Comes from Cairns area, just waiting for a shipping cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts