Bits and pieces

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1575199480_ebf44114-8cf2-4ea3-a629-f26fd941542d.jpg
1575199523_13a81803-18d4-40e4-a512-a06e66b59d6e.jpg

Found these bits in a roadside cutting Ive been driving past for a couple of years now. Could be some good bits there if I had any idea what I was looking at. Older bro is gunna have a look at Christmas time when he comes home. Seems pretty chuffed with some of the pics so far.

I wood say that is Petrified wood going by your picks... And you wood be chuffed at the find... Some wood, could, tumble up pretty good too... ;) :lol:

I have some here that looks exactly the same as your 2nd lot of pics....

LW....

Posted pics to bro and he needs to get the samples look at. Damn it would be so cool if they are older than the gold were chasing .

Bjay said:
Apparently the piece in the sandstone is bone. Well thats ok if its real. Million year old bone. Im happy with that. Needs to be more investigation but Im happy with that.

Im thinking it could be a Burl on the Tree.... I have seen a Petrified Burl before and it had simular structure to your piece...

LW...

What a great find Bjay , got to be happy with that sitting on the mantle piece next to a nugget or two :)

LoneWolf said:
That's a great specimen BJ.... Most you see have only part of the leaf...

LW...
Yeah unfortunately this was the only complete one. Lots of partial leaves and a few small bits of ferns. Unfortunately the material its in kind of fractures in all directions, so a bit hard to get complete fossils.

Bjay said:
LoneWolf said:
That's a great specimen BJ.... Most you see have only part of the leaf...

LW...
Yeah unfortunately this was the only complete one. Lots of partial leaves and a few small bits of ferns. Unfortunately the material its in kind of fractures in all directions, so a bit hard to get complete fossils.

Just makes your find sweeter than it looks if that's the case Bjay :beer: sure is a beauty :perfect:

Hi guys how do I attach a photo I work in a quarry and get alot of these palm fossils and wanted to post here and find out the name of it but cant attach a photo

Latest posts