First Timer. Advice Needed.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some ppl say Im wasting my time and I wont find any gold but Im out to prove them wrong, Im trying to do as much research as possible and get out to places where not many people have been.

I know if its easy to get to most likely its already gone.

Im really keen to find my first bit but Ive only been out a handful of times

My friends work full time so we rarely go until I can afford to re buy my new forby (my $40,000) lemon died 2 years from new and no warranty... even though within 7 years warranty

So I guess what Im asking for is hints and advice

Im using an app called trilobite

It shows gps tracking live and pending tenements and geological layouts

Ive been told follow the green lines it kinda makes sense that seems to be where the old miners workings are, can anyone confirm??

1574708152_43a12b44-b70d-4a7d-936c-795fa7220c0d.jpg

mate its kinda like a video game and your looking for stuff. like in assassins creed looking for the flags. you kinda have to look everywhere. just pick a spot that looks good mineral wise and just mark off an area i use pegs. then just sweep the area. nothing there then goto the next area. just make sure you dont wonder around aimlessly. its a common mistake. i do like a 100m2 section at a time. takes a few hours. dont let trees stop you either detect in and under bushes too. and if u come across a big rock move it

Lol Im really bad for following a set line Im all like oh here looks good wow here looks better before you know it your 500 metres from the car lol

Those yellow dots will be mines...usually oldtimers....but you can see they form a 'line'...this 'line of strike' ...in WA...often runs NNW/SSE....and in this case it does that nicely. Normally I would advise you work that line of strike out on extension for kilometres, and if you have the chance you would do that but if you look at the boundary between the pending E and P you can see a short black line running in the opposite direction to the line of strike. If you look at the colours you may be able to see that
it looks like the bottom ones have slipped to the left a little and the colours no longer line up...this is sort of whats happened and the ground has 'slipped' at a fault line.
Sometime the ground will ;fart' and let out some goo or tighten up and give nothing away....but either way working around that fault line (including out into the Vcl) would be the prime target for that area. The mines tell you there is gold in the area...this is a good thing....working the fault line is the place to be. Remember that humans put geo maps together...so the fault may be interpreted off data which means it could be in the general area and not exactly where your phone says it should be...this you will learn in timed if you stick with it. Just my thoughts....but if you want to get good at finding gold then being methodical etc is the way to do it. Good luck!!

Latest posts