Gold prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys so I think I know the answer and have been told but I just want to confirm its not rubbish advice haha I know this stuffs extremely secretive when it comes to gold and Ive only been out 3 times so far but out of these photos am I on gold territory ground?
1574706994_47a6396e-cefc-4287-8414-092728ca22f2.jpg

yeah looks good! look for rocks that are quartz with red shit on the sides.

i would detect the hills then follow the sides down. flats have less gold unless your in vic or wa

Also watch those minelabs they have a mind of their own The tracking type ground balance is really good at tuning out small gold take some gold with you and manual ground balance if you can check with the small gold you can get them from eBay get something small like .5 g

Ded Driver said:
use tracking, then flick to fixed when you find a target.
As the SD2200D has no quick track button then the above method is usually how most it.
While you can "track" out targets it's not going to happen all that easily on real metal targets. You need to continually sweep over the target & as DD says switching into fixed solves that issue anyway. It is a more efficient way to operate the SD2200D in mineralised areas IMO. :Y:

G'day

Those cheapy cast steel picks are dangerous, I had one many years ago that broke when I struck a lump or quartz with it, 3 inches of the pointy end shot past my face, lucky it missed that time but its an easy way to lose an eye, also just another tip, try to remember to keep your mouth closed when digging with a pick as dirt and crap can fly up and get in your mouth, and flying rock fragments can also break your teeth, have been lucky so far but have copped a few cuts and dents over the years.

cheers

stayyerAU

Latest posts