Aldi special buys

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up MH I started looking sat.buys found it wed.buys.
Normally aldi specials are the go-to for me they seem to last the distance as well.

I'm on the fence with wako atm but marked down more like you said :beer: :beer:
The solar panels also I was wondering how competitive that is for 160w? oh well.

Time for more research or hopefully some members dealing in this market range can chime in.

The ALDI 240V chest freezer is also able to double as a fridge via the T/stat.
Good for those long trips away with a trailer maybe?
Inverter or small generator - you are sorted if no rough roads.

Freeze all the stuff that needs to be in the bottom of the chest freezer at home,
then cover with plastic bottles of frozen water, pack the perishables above and adjust to keep the temp
very low but just above freezing.

I think they have a digital t/stat too.

:)

Id be looking at one for sure at that price, but my Aldi (adventure ridge) fridge is still going strong.
RR is the guru with fridges around here, if anyone has a tech question I'm sure He's your man!

Yeah, I have the same ALDI adventure ridge fridge, but with 6 in the family going afield in my tribe it gets too small and
then esky's are the only alternative, which take as much room as a small chest freezer but are more portable too
but need filling with ice, rather than run a small generator for a few hours a day.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I knew some mining geo survey guys that used chest freezers this way, they worked in some horrible places,
didnt matter the temp or territory. They carried food in this manner to last them for weeks and weeks.
Didnt run the compressors while in rough ground from memory.

I think they had like 12 spare tires per vehicle per trip, very experienced men no nonsense types when it came to the bush
and getting their tasks done. Reckon they had good knowledge on where there were huge reserves of minerals and gold.
Some of it in country that they reckon not even Black Fella's had trodden in.
Must go and visit the boys again, it's been at least 7yrs. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts