Finally a mid 1800's UK traders token found in Weatbelt W.A

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super token mate so pleased that you resisted the urge to clean it. The story is in the condition that it was found and where. :Y: :Y: :Y: :100:

deepblue said:
Super token mate so pleased that you resisted the urge to clean it. The story is in the condition that it was found and where. :Y: :Y: :Y: :100:

Cheers mate, yep just love the way this came out the ground. made the mistake of tumbling medallions etc in the past but not any more.

Just a note, the head is George III, he died in 1820, so maybe the token is earlier than mid 1800's ?

Kato pointed that out to me.

:)

Oh yeah, really nice find. Excellent condition.

Nice find Marc, the reason why KG3 is featured on the medallion is due to it being made as an imitation of a KG3 Spade Guinea. The trademark for advertising all four of their pens wasn't registered until 1876 - so I guess it could be any date after that, am guessing around 1880-1890 going by a few other articles. :D

Thanks guys! One of my Fav finds so far , cant wait to go back this weekend. Thanks god its only going to be 33c out there

A great and not common token find. Fantastic condition.

Congrats.

You got a lot of really great and researched comments with this one too. Good stuff all round.

Latest posts