Introducing myself.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey boys, long time reader finally decided to make an account and get amongst it. Firstly the info I have gotten from you guys is absolutely incredible! I couldnt thank you guys enough for sharing. I still have trouble with the geo terminology but Im definitely better than I was 8 months ago haha! I started panning the Clonbinane area with very bad results to be fair. Although I did find 1 little specimen about the size of a ball on a pin and the usual fly dust that Ive read about from that area. Slowly Ive been upgrading my stuff, few pans, siv, sluice etc. I recently brought a gpx4500 so Im still on the learning curve with that. I have found plenty of lead bullets and also what appears to be a a couple pieces of slag? So from what Ive read Im on the right track so far to finding that first piece! Ive been mostly detecting at Heathcote as I was in Wallan so it was pretty close. But if anyone is ever keen for a day trip at Heathcote hit me up! Im generally pretty keen to go out whenever I have the extra time!

One piece of advise I will ask is f anyone has some kind of a info page with with a photo of the different rocks and there name on the same list? I have tried looking for quite a while and I cant seem to find anything that suits me!

Latest posts