ARB's New Fridge Freezers.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just found that ARB has a new line of fridges coming out, So far this year they have updated the Blue and Grey models to Black and Grey and given it Bluetooth and then a year or so back they bought out the All Weather Stainless version, which is clever but it left me unimpressed due to how easily the external can get smashed up,

As of yet ARB hasn't posted much about these new fridges so all I found was a quick heads up with a couple of pictures, But they look good,

https://expeditionportal.com/arbs-zero-fridge-has-dual-zones-can-hold-144-cans-and-pulls-2-9-amps/

Ded Driver said:
WOW. ONLY 2.9 - 3.1 AMPS in a large size 69 - 96L
They will probably sell a lot on that alone

Yeah DD, for sure, I am starting to feel the love for those Twin Lid/Door systems, But my original Idea was to achieve both with the one fridge and then I got the 78 which allows me to use one as a fridge and one as a freezer, So if I got one of these then I'd be shooting my self in the foot,

The 47L will use 0.4ah to 0.7+ah when used as a fridge and the 78L is pretty much the same over 24hrs +/- etc the worst I have seen it use is about 26Amps over 24 hours which works out pretty Low,

One thing I have found with all my testing is ARB over exaggerate their power usage because they actually use a lot less power than they claim, I have had my 47L use 120w / 9.527Ah in 24 hours, So what ever they quote you can bet it's only going to get better.

Ded Driver said:
A bit of a write-up on them by Unsealed4x4 (Australia)
..and quote
'According to ARB, the Zero Fridge Freezer will be available in Australia from late January 2020, with the 69L model listing for $1599 and the 96L for $1799.'
https://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/arb-...eleased-at-sema-on-sale-here-in-january-2020/

Bugga, that's means I won't get them until about August,

If they are any good I will have to give one of these away to make room for a new one,

This flaming cold weather really helps with the power draw Now it is using less than 0.385 Ah OR 4.691 Wh while it's indoors running on 12v DC,

I started a test running it on a 85 Ah deep cycle battery at 02:30 this morning "My Time" So we'll see how it fares, Reason for that is because the Group 31's weigh 24kgs and the Group 27 weigh 17kgs so with 3X G31's that's 72kgs Vs 3X G27's that's 51kgs,

In the cold weather the G31 will run it for about 5 / 6 days before it gets too low,

Latest posts