Pinpointer lessons

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few years` ago i bought the Whites pro pointer TRX ,just after it was released .
I did all the research beforehand and this one trumped the rest ,going on reviews i watched and read. The one thing that sold me was that it was claimed it doesn`t interfere with your detector. Up until the `45, this was true ,but now i have to be careful how close i get to the detector.

Can`t say it was used much until this year and lately has been playing up. Or so i thought . I never really took much notice of the user manual and just turn it on and go. But after it giving me the hebegebees yesterday, i started to look into why it picks up signals at depth and the next time it won`t go so deep or fails to get a signal at all. It also gives off a weak or strong response .

So , i did some proper research last night and actually learned that there are ways to program this thing to make it work properly.

I don`t care that anyone thinks i am a moron, because that is the truth.

What i found out about it was ,first of all , it has a ground balance function. Total news to me. Secondly, using the single on / off / function button , you can set the depth from 1 " to 4 " by turning it off and on ,lift the finger off the button briefly and then press it again and hold it to listen to each beep which represents an inch of depth. One beep equals one inch, etc.
Let go of the button when you get the desired depth.Now the depth is set. Thirdly , you can also select vibrate or noise only or both by holding the button down while turning it off and keeping it there until you get the desired response of vibrate or noise or both.

Lastly , the pinpointer comes with a holder to fit 2 x AA batteries ( 3 volts ) and now i find you can whack a 9 volt in there and get more power out of it.
I have done that, but without the adaptor that was supposed to be in the box ,which i still have.

It is all programmed for maximum depth and now has 9 volts instead of 3 .

Lesson to one and all about pinpointers ................ they have a brain and need to be programmed .

Latest posts