Gold & Ghosts (Complete Set or Individual) + Bonus Books

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys -- dropped into a large garage sale down my road where a few residents had setup stores and was pleasantly surprised to find a nice elderly lady tending a small store with a bunch of old relics that had clearly been detected (hundreds of Chinese coins & relics, WWII bullets, etc) and a stack of books... of which I immediately noticed 'Gold & Ghosts'. Anyway had a good yarn with her for about an hour or so. Turns out her and her late husband spent a lot of time out bush prospecting, mostly in the Palmer country but also did some traveling to Vic and WA. She's finally decided to call it quits with the adventuring and move back to her home country in Europe, and so she's selling the bulk of her possessions. And yes, she did know the value of the books and was hoping to get something in the range of $2-2.5k for the set + some bonus gold/prospecting related books, or if no luck selling the set together then she's open to offers for the books individually.

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of $$$ to spare at the moment, but after having a good old yarn with her (she had some nice prospecting stories to share which were a real pleasure to hear) I felt inclined to offer assistance in helping her advertise the books online, seeing as she has to leave the country soon and she has no idea how to sell/advertise anything online.

I figured I'd first post them here before trying on Gumtree/eBay. As you can see in the pic they're in "okay" condition apart from a bit of noticeable damage on the corners in Volume 4. She's willing to chuck in another 4-5 prospecting related books (see second image) if someone buys the set. Not included in that image is the book "Gold & Relics -- Metal Detecting for Gold & Relics in Australia" by Douglas Stone, Bob Sargent and Sharman Stone.

Rather then set a concrete asking price, I'd just like to get offers if interested and I'll pass on serious offers to her and go from there.

1572676868_img_20191102_134537.jpg

1572676884_img_20191102_134619.jpg

:Y:

I wouldn't take less than 2.5k :Y: for the Gold & Ghosts set depending on the condition, providing all pages are intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts