Greetings from Finland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arctic Circle, Rovaniemi

1572431428_wonderful-ideas-world-map-with-tropics-maps-the-equator-tropic-of-cancer-line-countries.jpg

Waiting for the summer. I hope to have a summer holiday from July 7th to 19th in Western Australia. My plans are to arrive in Kalgoorlie or Leonora. I have spent hours and hours on the travel plan. The trip is not cheap because I have to rent an overnight stay, a four-wheel car, a metal detector and buy some food and drinks...

Is that you Santa ?
Its harsh country out there mate , hope you have done your research . Bring lots of water for you and your reindeer. :playful:

Hi Jroy,
seeing your time is limited, I'd seriously consider going with a tour either catered or tag a long.
A good one will have your permissions or 40E's sorted and have you on good ground on day one.

Two weeks will fly by in WA and it can take much longer than that to get a handle on the ground and begin finding gold.

And don't forget your "poo pouch"
For everything that will scare you
The "poo pouch" will come in handy
Make sure you have spares :poop:

Booney said:
Is that you Santa ?
Its harsh country out there mate , hope you have done your research . Bring lots of water for you and your reindeer. :playful:

:Y:

diggin4gold said:
And don't forget your "poo pouch"
For everything that will scare you
The "poo pouch" will come in handy
Make sure you have spares :poop:

:perfect:

Howdy JR. Just a heads up mate, I'd ditch the clobber (clothes) that you're wearing and go for something more comfortable and fashionable to fit in with the natives. Here is an example of what a typical Aussie wears ... oh and it comes with a complimentary Aussie translation dictionary.

1572565763_bloke.jpg

All jokes aside J Roy tell us a bit more about your planned trip , what detector do you intend to use . This is were we may be able to help . Cheers Booney.

This should bring back some memories, think Monty Python

Finland, Finland, Finland

Welcome J Roy, hope you have a wonderful trip, dont take too much of our gold. :playful:

Anolphart said:
Howdy JR. Just a heads up mate, I'd ditch the clobber (clothes) that you're wearing and go for something more comfortable and fashionable to fit in with the natives. Here is an example of what a typical Aussie wears ... oh and it comes with a complimentary Aussie translation dictionary.

:lol:

So I don't need winter clothes... :playful:

Manpa said:
This should bring back some memories, think Monty Python

Finland, Finland, Finland

Welcome J Roy, hope you have a wonderful trip, dont take too much of our gold. :playful:

Here are two photos of my own gold claim. It is located about 250 km north of the Arctic Circle.
This must be emptied in the morning and Stone after stone...

I hope my trip is "gold-rich". I promise to leave the gold to others :beer:

1572614616_somewater.jpg

1572614351_rockafterrock.jpg

Booney said:
All jokes aside J Roy tell us a bit more about your planned trip , what detector do you intend to use . This is were we may be able to help . Cheers Booney.

Howdy Booney,

I have three Minelab detectors in my mind (Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab GPX 5000 or Minelab GPZ 7000).
I own a Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold detector, but I do not take it with me.

You've picked the three top gold detecting machines there Mate . But as mad tuna says you should defiantly think about going on a tag along tour , first time anyway . Cheers Booney. :party:

Booney said:
You've picked the three top gold detecting machines there Mate . But as mad tuna says you should defiantly think about going on a tag along tour , first time anyway . Cheers Booney. :party:

Booney, you and madtuna are absolutely right!

Goldtalk Leonora, I've looked at their homepage a couple of time. Unfortunately, the situation is that they do not have a three-day (or one day) courses at that time.
But maybe I find some kind of solution with them? Let's see how it goes. I know at "Goldtalk Leonora" are a member of this forum...

Hey you'll fit in really well here, our council workers adopt that very same pose ... leaning on a shovel!

With those qualifications you'll be able to get a job here without any further training!

1572656244_1572614351_rockafterrock.jpg