Builds by Baz - crevicing tools.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockhunter62 said:
Sandbagger said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Are you ex military Baz? We used to have them back in the days I was in the RAAF.

Cheers

Doug

Used to have what mate?

Yep, ex army. Interestingly, I just found out that Americans use, "Former serviceman", not, "Ex serviceman".

Apparently Ex means that you were kicked out for dishonourable reasons.

Who knew? Certainly doesn't mean that here.

Baz.

Sorry, the shadow boards mate. Never was a stippler for correct vernacular.

Cheers

Doug

I like my shed to be clean and clear always. At the moment that's pretty much impossible with my entire property in a state of utter chaos with renovations. I like everything to have a place and a place for everything. Once the new workshop is up, I will be attempting to minimise all possessions. Shadow boards all around, nothing under machines, categorised drawers etc etc.

Baz.

Wish I had a bigger work shed...

I would like to make myself a robot...

One that can talk to me and give me hugs and go on a walk with me....

Goody ;)

goody2shoes said:
Wish I had a bigger work shed...

I would like to make myself a robot...

One that can talk to me and give me hugs and go on a walk with me....

Goody ;)

Awwww... sounds like you need more prospecting buddies mate! If you're ever in Braidwood, Adelong or Tuena, let us know. Crevicing time!

Baz.

A bit different. Baz crevicing tool made of the stub of a Damascus billet. Being a rejected stub, this chunk of steel was never going to be perfect, there are a couple of small fault lines in it, but it's still cool and perfectly functional. I added hardwood scales, pinned with brass. The steels used to make the Damascus billet are high carbon knife steels 1075 and 15n20.

1575578528_20191206_073220-920x447.jpg

goody2shoes said:
I like the robot that is sitting on your work bench Baz.....

does it move?

Goody

It's poseable mate, but made from offcuts and junk from my workshop floor and bin.

I love it Baz

Wish I had the knowledge how to make one...

Your very lucky that you can make things like that :Y:

Goody :D

goody2shoes said:
I love it Baz

Wish I had the knowledge how to make one...

Your very lucky that you can make things like that :Y:

You can do it too mate. Even if all you have is scissors, some hobby glue, drinking straws, bottle tops, plastic bottles, cardboard, toothpicks, some wire, coathangers, tie wire, kebab sticks, paddle pop sticks and other associated junk around the house. Start by making a skeleton-stick figure, pose it, then start adding bits. Just glue two things together then keep going. When you are happy with the shape of what you are going for, hit it with a $3 can of spray paint to bring it all together. Once you get crafty and absorb the first failure or two, you will very quickly surprise yourself by what you can do with stuff-all.

You will also start looking at absolutely everything that goes in your bin, everyday recycled plastics and all, thinking, what shape do I see in that? What could I use that for? How can I chop/fold/roll/stack/melt/glue that thing to make it look like another thing?

Baz.

Maybe when my little shed gets cleaned out over the next month or so...

I have a lot of tool's that I am going to give away to a friend that don't have much...

He is only a young fellow starting out...

I am getting older and don't use them much anymore...

Don't need many...

Goody

These tools look great Baz!!

I've heard about them, seen them, dreamt about them and now I need one!

I'm only up to 8 posts I think (including this one).
I gues I'd better find a couple of threads to comment on and get back to you,

Cheers

Punter101 said:
These tools look great Baz!!

I've heard about them, seen them, dreamt about them and now I need one!

I'm only up to 8 posts I think (including this one).
I gues I'd better find a couple of threads to comment on and get back to you,

Cheers
If like me and most of your dreams are erotic...my mind boggles as to how Baz's crevicing tool fits in :8

Ohhh they're erotic alright!! It's just a whole new version of erotic since I started prospecting! Lol.

They look a bit rough and ready Baz..

I only want a nice looking one :lol: :lol: :lol:

goody2shoes said:
They look a bit rough and ready Baz..

I only want a nice looking one :lol: :lol: :lol:

I only make refined tools for refined gold. Chunky rough tools for chunky rough gold. ;)

Don't worry mate, I'm sure someone will buy them. :p

Baz.

Latest posts