New Prospector Brisbane

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'Day All

Retired Ex Military. 56 years Old. 27 Years service Infantry and Signals.
Started fossicking this year. Love the outdoors.
Own 76 Landcrusier so travel to locations no problems.

Equipment:
River sluice which doubles as highbanker - Gold Rat
Bazooka Fluid Bed sluice
XP Orx detector

Saving for:
Keene Dry washer Puffer version
Garrett ATX

Looking for a Prospecting Partner
Can go fossicking any day of the week at a moments notice

Cheers

G'day Dave63 welcome to PA :Y: I'm in Vic so can't help you with the field trips, there's plenty of members up your way so won't be long and someone will reply. If you want the detector your saving for to use on the goldfields I'd suggest looking at any Minelab or the QED. Both QED and Minelab will handle the mineralisation of the goldfields better than other brands. All the best when you get out amongst it all :beer:

Hi Dave and welcome.
I have to 2nd what RMO states, for gold I'd seriously reconsider either a Minelab or even a QED over the ATX.

In Australia there is a good reason why serious hobbiests, full timers and professionals use ML machines and not ATX's. Not saying they don't work, they do and will find gold, but in our soils, swinging an ATX you'll walk over much more than you'll find.

Regards,
Steve

Well i think it is a no brainer now QED for price and ability. Just need to find the best Gold Coil to go with it

Dave63 said:
Well i think it is a no brainer now QED for price and ability. Just need to find the best Gold Coil to go with it

:Y: that didn't take long, looking forward to your reports. There's quite a few using the QED and of those some are very good operators. Check out the QED thread in the Metal Detectors section obviously the latest posts are relevant to the current operating program. Get your 10 post's up and you'll be able to PM members using the QED, all the best when you get up and running with it.

Where do you live ? I am only new to this as well. DO you work or retired how often can you go for a swing. You need to finish 10 Posts so I can email you direct through the forum

Whats your email? Ill send you an email haha I dont really have anything to post I just like seeing other peoples finds etc and Im in Spring Hill

Oh sweet I prefer to just read others posts to be honest, just seeing what I guess veteran prospectors do or what they find coz I havent found anything haha

Latest posts