ways to make camping getaways easier?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a camping box loaded and ready to go with all the non perisables, utensils, lights etc, a packed bag the with 5 days of clothes plus toiletries and medicines I use a tent cot and swag ,fridge battery, solo panel water bottle, shower n ensuite, toilet n ensuite then it's just getting the perisables n grog into the fridge.
Takes about half a hour to load and tie down as it's all in one spot and updated regularly this all started with a list and organization, as was mentioned above allso mentioned was if you don't use it ,leave it
I'm always towing either a large boat or a trailer loaded with mining equipment or bee equipment all more important than glamping gear.

3 week trip from Brisbane to Mt .Isa then Townsville and back with me and 2 teenager boys. Rhino rack up top had 2 swags and pop up tent, 3 chairs small gas bottle and a kings luggage bag that was massive. 3 suitcases towels blow up mattress and 2 doonahs. rear drawers had tools and gas cooker in one side, cans of beer and the solar blanket in the other. Cab had 2 fridges. Rear had the food boxes spare tent table and cooking stuff. Also had a clean box in the back with soap and sunscreen and baby wipes for bush showers as well as BO spray and sanitising soap. And a 25 litre water container.

I cooked up 3 weeks worth of dinner and cryo vacced the lot. Dinner was a 20 to 30 minute boil in water and hey presto. That is a game changer. Also bought a 2.5 x 2.5 metre awning on the road because we got rained on once!! That just slotted in at the back of the cab.

We all had a day bag which had toiletries phone chargers and whatever else you needed for quick access.

So when we got to camp, the table, kitchen boxes and gas setup came straight out. Food on, chairs down, eat up and it then it was beer on!! Pack up with the 3 of us was 20 to 30 minutes......longer if teenagers are slow in the morning!! Funny that!!

I've got an 80 series and it wasn't packed high because of too many stories about getting smashed in the head with loose items that fly around when the car stops suddenly.

GD

Shep said:
madtuna said:
if you tip them upside down do they have 'Hotwheels' written on the bottom? :D

Seriously, what an awesome looking compact little van! :Y:

Haha yes it does or at least it will after I get some stickers made.

Its a great little van. 750kg including aircon, generator and 70L water

Yeah go the stickers :lol: :Y: I wanna see pictures :) :beer: that is a ripper bit of kit and will be better off with the stickers :lol: good observation / suggestion MT :perfect: :beer:

VicGoldHunter said:
Do you find regular camping a bit of a hassle sometimes?

:lol:

Yes. All the time.

My preference would be to stay in a nearby motel (preferably one that has a spa and a mini bar!)

Failing that, a camper van would be my next preference.

I camped up Cape York for a month, and used a four wheel drive that had a tent built on top. That was ideal.

Don't have a 4WD any more, and not sure my Nissan Micra would suffice

Still have nightmares about my last "regular" camping trip on Mount Snowdon in Wales in winter.

:)

Cherub said:
VicGoldHunter said:
Do you find regular camping a bit of a hassle sometimes?

:lol:

Yes. All the time.

My preference would be to stay in a nearby motel (preferably one that has a spa and a mini bar!)

Failing that, a camper van would be my next preference.

I camped up Cape York for a month, and used a four wheel drive that had a tent built on top. That was ideal.

Don't have a 4WD any more, and not sure my Nissan Micra would suffice

Still have nightmares about my last "regular" camping trip on Mount Snowdon in Wales in winter.

:)

I am not too far from Mount Snowdon at the moment, and I am off to pick up my 4/5 birth Camper/Motorhome in the morning, As soon as I hear It's going to Snow I am going there to Camp for a week or two.

Once I get back home I will keep the Camper fully stocked, Got a few sites picked out, This will be one of the first places I go to and I get a discount on their site fees which is good,

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites/scotland/highlands/morvich-caravan-club-site/

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=S...AXoECAwQAw&biw=1366&bih=559#spf=1577668493798

J.

nucopia said:
A trip in Scottish highlands in Winter would be a good test of your camper/motorhome.
But mate I would want the heater working before I did something like that as I hate the cold ..

Well it does have a built in heating system and is fully insulated and has hot and cold running water, and I have a few portable heaters as a backup,

I am about 250ks from home at the moment and I expected it to be cold, The Coat I bought with me is too OTT, I can't walk in it unless it is below Zero out side and even then it cooks me, It's meant to be good for about 5*c down to -30*c with just a shirt on, but with thermals and fleeces on it's good for about -60*c, It was meant to be cold, but the weather man got it wrong,, How strange is that, LOL :Y: :/ :/

Latest posts