Dry Blower setup

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9od

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been trying to get my dry blower dialled in but am having trouble with the inlet hose/connection to the box.
It seems like no matter how I position the hose, it ends up holding weight from the box and causing it to lose some vibration.... and unless it isn't moved (which is kinda hard as im always kicking it etc while I'm working) I cant get the material to flow over the riffles evenly.

I'm not losing very much, maybe a few specks to an hour run, but in the more clay dense mullock piles I am losing more for sure.
I dig a trench for the hose under the box but doesn't seem to help much.
Watched the "I Brake for Bedrock" guys and the way they set up but mine never seems to run like theirs.
Was thinking about putting a 90 degree elbow on the inlet but I think this might shift more weight to one side of the box unless I ran it out the back which Isn't great cause of the tailings obv.

Any pro's out there with some tips?

how heavy is your hose ? What type are you using mate ?

edit/

I use a piece of this from the box to the blower hose. It acts as an 'elbow' of sorts. I got it from supercheap auto a while ago, by memory its sold as expandable intercooler hose or something similar. Weighs nothing, and can bend, collapse, expand it whichever way you like.

1571547590_hose.jpg

That looks good, and light.
I'm using the ribbed rubber hose that came with the unit, which is a little Keene 140s. The hose actually is pretty heavy.
Do you just run that one out the side? I'm assuming it doesn't have any effect on the box if you are using it?

Yup, its super light. I had similar problems with the grey ribbed hose. No problems once I started using this instead.
Its fully flexible, can have it pointing whichever way you like but yes, I just have it kicked out to the side and attach the hose to it from there. Its really easy to get a hose clamp on it at the box and the hose end with no leaks. Was only around $25 by memory.

Latest posts