Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 ???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there all,

Hoping for some advice. I just joined the site tonight. I havent purchased my metal detector yet. I was leaning towards the Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 as my 1st detector. Would this be a good beginners one ? I dont want something too basic and cheap, it may put me off if I cannot locate anything. Hoping for something with a bit of depth but not much dearer than the Bounty Hunter, even that one is stretching my budget but really like the sound of it.
Does anybody have one that can tell me what they are like or recommend another ?
Thanks all ,
Robyn

'Day Robin,I asked the question, earlier this evening, about detectors for up to about $600 for a mate of mine.

Nugget sent me the following info, hope it helps some

Nugget said:
Copied and pasted from a previous post of mine https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=32575#p32575, detectors around or under $600

• Garrett EURO Ace, Ace 350[/*]
  • Minelab X-Terra 305, 505[/*]
  • Whites Coinmaster Series or GMZ/GMT for Prospecting[/*]
  • Fisher F4, F5 or Goldbug for Prospecting[/*]
  • Teknetics Gamma 6000, Omega 8000[/*]
  • Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Quick Draw II[/*]

Really depends on what you want to use it for. Beach, relics, coins, gold.
But whatever you decide to get you'll find you can have a lot of fun, and dig a lot of holes. Who knows, you might find enough to buy a top-of-the-liner.
Best of luck.
Cheers,
Wayne

Latest posts