Home Made Harness Crossbar

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
After refusing to pay about $59.95 for a Minelab Pro-Swing 45 Crossbar & Strut I decided to make my own Crossbar for my SDC.
It cost me under $10 to make, with parts from Bunnings.
I used 10 x 2mm aluminium tube and bent it to shape. Cost under $3.
I used 2 stainless steel 76 x 6mm threaded eye bolts. Cost under $8.
Had some old cord and a couple of carabiners lying around.
Picture describes design and comparison to the genuine Minelab Crossbar.
Im using it on a small back pack with D-Rings on the shoulder straps. The carabiners clip on to the D-Rings. The Crossbar stops the shoulder straps from pulling in and rubbing on your neck when under load of the detector. Works perfectly.
Cheers
1570357334_c17aab10-02ee-4e57-a55d-898436ff72ff.jpg

Well done Dignit very innovative,
You will find it even more user friendly if your bungee anchor point is further down the stem approx 80mm above the first joint. Where, if you pick your machine up by the bungee it will hang in the swing position.
I used two short pieces of tie down strap with a couple of eyelets. Sewed velcro to each piece and glued the opposite velcro to either side of stem.

Nightjar said:
Well done Dignit very innovative,
You will find it even more user friendly if your bungee anchor point is further down the stem approx 80mm above the first joint. Where, if you pick your machine up by the bungee it will hang in the swing position.
I used two short pieces of tie down strap with a couple of eyelets. Sewed velcro to each piece and glued the opposite velcro to either side of stem.

Thanks Nightjar, Ill give that a try. As it is it just hangs with no weight on the arm. It is also nicely balanced with the control arm.

Latest posts