Equinox Software Updates v2.0 v3.0

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
The rumours were correct ;)

New Update for the Minelab Equinox! Software update 2.0.
Get more from your EQUINOX.

What is new?

Difficult ferrous targets the common enemy for all detectorists. That is until EQUINOX. Hit the download on our EQUINOX update to make those pesky bottle caps, rusty nails and other falsing targets a thing of the past. Fire up the Minelab Update Utility and youre on your way. Its simple. Youll experience the enhanced Iron Bias feature, improved EQUINOX 600 backlight and much more.

Improved Iron Bias

Iron Bias has been enhanced with the addition of a new Iron Bias settings profile. The original EQUINOX Iron Bias 'FE' settings will still be available, but there is now the option to switch to the new Iron Bias 'F2' settings, which have an improved capability to reject a much wider range of difficult iron targets, including bottle caps.

EQUINOX 600 Backlight Brightness

The EQUINOX 600 now has the ability to adjust the backlight brightness to an additional 'Low' setting that matches the minimum setting on the EQUINOX 800. This 'Low' brightness is ideal for detecting at night and in low light conditions.

Download link: https://www.minelab.com/equinox-software-update-2-0

I have downloaded the update app and it opens fine but when connected the Nox it says it already has the latest version.

Anybody else have this issue? I am running iOS.

Northeast said:
I have downloaded the update app and it opens fine but when connected the Nox it says it already has the latest version.

Anybody else have this issue? I am running iOS.

Same here Northeast. Wonder what's going on? I'm running windows.

I'll try to get out for a swing before the weekend. Just did a few air tests on some steel/iron bits and pieces, seems to try to reject them quite a bit better though still a few false high low tones, but as we know air tests aren't the best way to do things, keen to give it a run in the field and see how she goes.

I think anyone who already understands fluent Nox language might not even really need the Fe2 update but I'm sure it will come in handy in really heavy iron trash areas. Always good to have an extra tool in the box. :D

Heatho said:
I'll try to get out for a swing before the weekend. Just did a few air tests on some steel/iron bits and pieces, seems to try to reject them quite a bit better though still a few false high low tones, but as we know air tests aren't the best way to do things, keen to give it a run in the field and see how she goes.

I think anyone who already understands fluent Nox language might not even really need the Fe2 update but I'm sure it will come in handy in really heavy iron trash areas. Always good to have an extra tool in the box. :D
My little beach has been picked to death over and over by me.
I've even stopped going there.
Pulled out so many silver's and pennies amongst a rusted iron and steel dumping ground of old rusted cars and crap.
I will give it another try on the weekend and see if I can pull a coin or two. :Y:

I reckon that would be the perfect test for it Smoky. Was a bit like my old honey hole park, the CTX found all it could muster out of the high trash areas and then going over the same high trash patches with the Nox it just started extracting more good stuff that was severely masked, I might have to go for a drive there to see if the update on the Nox can find more again.

Hope it opens that beach up for you again.

I did a test this morning and can confirm it's improved the bottle cap situation. Until you are right on top of the bottle caps it will give a negative signal. I don't think there will be a need to dig those signals anymore. I was in park 1 and had FE and FE2 maxed out at 9 as I dig uber trash parks.

There doesn't seem to be any negatives to the update that I can find.

Gold rings seem a little more stable maybe. I did a before and after test and prior my 9k test gold ring was jumping 13 - 14 and post update it's a solid 14 until it's on the edge of the coil.

I'm getting the same "your detector is up to date" message
"Current Software version is 1.7.5"

I updated to the latest Minelab Update Utility 2.0.1,

and it now tells me version 2.1.12 is available.
I'll be testing tomorrow though without the bottle tops I may not find anything at all :playful:

I also found this guide to setting up the F2 bias.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpCMyvN66qo

Thanks for the heads up, updated my 600 from version 1.5, about to give it a run at a local park.

So I tried the F2 mode this morning on a new beach. TBH it wasn't a great beach with lots of camp fire debris (read melted cans) scattered across the area . Things were cleaner down below the high tide mark but I didn't notice much improvement on bottle top discrimination. still hitting 13s and 14s perhaps just a bit harder to pinpoint (could be my imagination).
That said it could have blocked out some signals and I just didn't know better or maybe i'm just not very good at this :8 .
anyway another morning of bottle tops, sinkers and melted cans. gave up due to the flies after an hour and half
1569643214_f2_caps.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with the update on my 600, put several hours behind it over the long weekend on ground that I've really hammered over the last year. It was able to lock solidly onto a bunch of new fairly deep targets which mostly ended up being aluminium screw caps unfortunately. Very little falsing to be honest, only dug a single almost rusted through nail that gave an interesting signal. A rusty iron stubbie cap at surface rang at 6-8 which I wouldn't bother digging so I'm quite happy with that behavior.

Anecdotally, I'd say it's a definite improvement. Less falsing on iron targets and a more confident lock on some previously iffy at best good targets for me. :perfect:

Pieces-Of-Eight said:
So I tried the F2 mode this morning on a new beach. TBH it wasn't a great beach with lots of camp fire debris (read melted cans) scattered across the area . Things were cleaner down below the high tide mark but I didn't notice much improvement on bottle top discrimination. still hitting 13s and 14s perhaps just a bit harder to pinpoint (could be my imagination).
That said it could have blocked out some signals and I just didn't know better or maybe i'm just not very good at this :8 .
anyway another morning of bottle tops, sinkers and melted cans. gave up due to the flies after an hour and half

Just wondering what FE2 setting you were using, they look like they should have given you a broken signal going on the rust on them. Try experimenting with FE2 6 -9 all metal (horseshoe in) should help with identifying those rusty caps.

cheers

Latest posts