NSW Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some extraordinary weather we have been experiencing recently.
A tornado warning for parts of NSW is current. Very rare.
Here is a map of lightning in NSW today....

1385188564_1385184935195.jpg

I have never heard of tornado warnings in Australia, wow!

We had a huge storm come through Canberra a couple of days ago, really big light show, and the rain!

I just read it on Facebook then followed it up on the BOM website. And my wife thought I was crazy for digging that huge shelter in the backyard, now who's laughing :lol:

Nugget said:
I just read it on Facebook then followed it up on the BOM website. And my wife thought I was crazy for digging that huge shelter in the backyard, now who's laughing :lol:

Chuckle. Have you been watching the show with the yank building doomsday shelters? :D

this is going to happen more and more tornadoes have been hitting all over the country in the last few years as the weather warms up we will see some truly wicked weather in the coming years people in certain locations should have a shelter to protect from such storms and fire danger looked into one my self and was saddened to find out it is not easy to do you need council approval and the shelters on offer are not very good and no government help at all they should look into making having a shelter easy and something people should have they don't like the idea of shelters as they think we will use them as bunkers like in America just because they are mad dose not mean we should not have shelters :)

Ramjet said:
Nugget said:

Chuckle. Have you been watching the show with the yank building doomsday shelters? :D

I have seen bits and pieces of it, pretty funny.

extreme is understatement crazy but shelter would be good for bush fire did you see the one where the guy shot of his thumb :)

i reckon every home should have a shelter .

bit crazy to think they would be useful during storms or bushfires but you definitely gotta have one in case of zombie attacks

if any of you peeps want one built just let me know

they start at $ 500 for a sheet of flexible kryptonite ( looks kind of like those blue tarps you get at bunnings )

up to $ 5 million for a imprentrene survivX shelter ( which looks coincidentally like a gal water tank buried in the ground )

send me a holler !

slowflow said:
HeadsUp, keepit within the forum or everyone will be placing an order for the second option, you will be overrun. :lol:

no worries . i shall stock up on gal water tanks

ooops . i mean impenetrene SurvivX shelters

umm seriously a shelter is cheap to build , if i buy a property in the bush its a definite inclusion for bushfires , storms , nuclear war between any trigger happy psychopaths and wine cellar , or just somewhere to take the missus for a quick screamer away from the kids .

Spent Friday night in the car at Chaffey Dam! Unbelievable rain, lightning etc. Peel river was up and flowing hard. Got soaked up in the Forest on Saturday. Awesome weekend to be outdoors though!!!!

HeadsUp said:
slowflow said:
HeadsUp, keepit within the forum or everyone will be placing an order for the second option, you will be overrun. :lol:

no worries . i shall stock up on gal water tanks

ooops . i mean impenetrene SurvivX shelters

umm seriously a shelter is cheap to build , if i buy a property in the bush its a definite inclusion for bushfires , storms , nuclear war between any trigger happy psychopaths and wine cellar , or just somewhere to take the missus for a quick screamer away from the kids .

HAHAHA screamer away from the kids!! Loved it!! :lol:

Yeah can you just hear them at the big iron door. " Mum!, Mum!, are you in there? BANG BANG. Mum are you in there? We cant find Dad! "
Mums response;
"I think Dad went to town for something."
Kids response;
"MUM! You in there with that Nundle guy again?"

kleinman98 said:
Yeah can you just hear them at the big iron door. " Mum!, Mum!, are you in there? BANG BANG. Mum are you in there? We cant find Dad! "
Mums response;
"I think Dad went to town for something."
Kids response;
"MUM! You in there with that Nundle guy again?"

ROFLOL . hilarious

um . mate but there are certain memories that brings back but its best left for a quiet night around the campfire

( there is another story about kids ringing up the cops coz they can hear their mum screaming , cops , boyfriend and the mum were all very red faced )

Bushranger said:
Spent Friday night in the car at Chaffey Dam! Unbelievable rain, lightning etc. Peel river was up and flowing hard. Got soaked up in the Forest on Saturday. Awesome weekend to be outdoors though!!!!

did you get anything in the forest ?

i have never got the chance to go for a swing in there :(

Very wet! Didn't do any detecting. Found a little bit of colour in the creek. Walked the entire length of the creek from the old pub site to where it leaves the forest. Really rough country the further you go. Just a recon. Saw an albino deer! Best find of the day.

The weather has been a touch crazy of late and it's not just here, seems all over the world is copping a hammering