new to prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all
just brought a metal detector any advise would be greatly appreciated i live in geelong hope to see you in the field.

Welcome Tim,all the information you need is right here on the forum,just use the little magnifying glass icon at the top of the page to search for any specific info you need.Enjoy the hobby.Which detector did you buy?

Hi Tim, Welcome aboard.
Enjoy your hunting, and like Eldorado said, search on here and you'll find an answer for just about every question you have.
I probably sound like a broken record on this one, but if I could give one piece of advice to anyone starting out detecting,
it's buy a made for purpose prospecting pick. I can't believe the difference it makes digging holes, and just how much precious
detecting time and physical effort I wasted until I bought a real one. It's Chalk and Cheese.

timdodger63 said:
thanks eldorado i have brought mine lab xterra 705 dual pack
Awesome,same detector that I bought.Here is some great links for the Xterra,print out a copy of the TID numbers and take it on every hunt with you,it will help you to identify what you might be digging up.Sabogans video on setting up the 705 is good too,it certainly helped me in the beginning.Happy hunting mate.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15568

Deepseeker said:
Hi Tim, Welcome aboard.
Enjoy your hunting, and like Eldorado said, search on here and you'll find an answer for just about every question you have.
I probably sound like a broken record on this one, but if I could give one piece of advice to anyone starting out detecting,
it's buy a made for purpose prospecting pick. I can't believe the difference it makes digging holes, and just how much precious
detecting time and physical effort I wasted until I bought a real one. It's Chalk and Cheese.

We're Brand new to prospecting.. what is a "good prospecting pick" to buy? .... :D

Latest posts