Rock fossil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1567772823_14130c66-5f3d-4d2f-b22f-6661e7c80501.jpg
Fossil with strange color features and what appears to be arteries?

:lol: I think you have Fossil Fever... Yes it looks simular, but remember the bit about soft tissue not very Fossil friendly?... And Lungs don't have Arteries.... ;)

LW....

Fossilon, I think your on to something! I think the redish brown colours could be fossilized blood. I am no fossil expert though.

Pat Hogen said:
What do they say? ... you trippin? :beer: But it is infectious and everyone is enjoying the play.

Im glad your trippin have another then go out and look and learn without trying to learn by others

DykeHead said:
Fossilon, I think your on to something! I think the redish brown colours could be fossilized blood. I am no fossil expert though.

It will be going to the museum to check it out but in person this is remarkably similar to the other image ile update when I find out but all my fossils are preserved by volcanic ash which is the best preserved matter for soft tissue

Yes gases (CO2) from volcano's kill everything around them then ash can be deposited on top of them.

Latest posts