Geovic3 problems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good evening ,everyone.

I have just loaded the latest Geovic onto my computer and can`t get the bugger to work. Can`t get a map up. This is all i get .

1567415314_greo.jpg

What am i doing wrong ? Can anyone help me , please ?

Thanks.

FOZ

Yep, and you can rest assured it will go down almost every weekend, and because it's government it won't be fixed until Monday sometime. Your best bet is to do any research during the week when possible and either save a screen shot of what you want or print it out. It does of course go down in the evenings as well during the week, and when that happens once again you won't get on until later the next day. The biggest mistake I made once was leaving it until Friday night to get the detail on where I was going on the Saturday. No joy, it was down already and didn't come back until the following Monday. It drives me nuts, but it is what it is :(

I am trying to hone in and interpret an area on an old map . I want to get some points of reference and also the co-ordinates of a particular place.

Is there another website that does a similar job , please ?

I have gold waiting for me ,somewhere and want to find where it is !

Thanks.

FOZ

Northeast said:
Hard Luck said:
It's been up and down for the last few weeks.

It's been up and down for the last 3 years!! :lol: :lol:

Have noticed that there is a lot of new info uploaded onto it the past few months. Great resource, shame it is so unreliable.

:D so, so true. My fave is when you open the page and the little grey box in the bottom right hand corner of the screen pops up, telling you of all the great updated information. Messages like "Some data improved to increase loading speed" or something like that. It pops up seamlessly just after the big grey box in the middle of the page appears telling you that there is an Error and it can't create a map anyway :lol:

Thanks, Fellas. I`ll keep trying to get it to work. I might just use my CFA spartial maps book. It`s got a fair bit of detail in it, but just doesn`t have the mine names and other info i am chasing ,but it might have to suffice for now.

Yep, I use the registered version for that reason, but it still regularly goes pear-shaped :(

Yep, it's working fine now. They've changed the little mouse on the generator wheel that powers whatever system they are using :playful:

Windows 10 and chrome for me ,too .No luck with either version . Worked out on my spatial maps exactly where I want to go, so i am half happy .

Now's the time to log in and use it just starting. If it goes down now she'll be out until later tomorrow morning.

Thanks, Fellas. Got it up and running. Funny thing is the overlay for the old mines doesn`t show the ones i have marked on a very old map sitting infront of me.
Doesn`t matter . I used google earh pro as well as the physical map and the cfa book and geovic, so i think i have the place covered !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don`t have the name of the mines to trace the history. Still, it`s worth going out for a play to see what is there. Better take my GPS with me because the two legged one i usually take is on holidays in the philippines !!!!!!!

Foz

Latest posts