Things that annoy you irrationally.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1568188358_temp.jpg

This annoys me (perhaps irrationally, but that's what this thread is about, right?).

"Feels like 25.9" OK, who decides that, and how do they pick 25.9 precisely? Is there an employment position of someone who stands outside and says what they think the temperature feels like, rather than what it actually is? Who came up with this stupid "feels like" idea?!

It's NOT 25.9 - it's 30.9!! Stop messing with the temperature! It's a precise measurement, not a guessing game! :mad:

Manufacturers that consistently decrease the size/weight/amount of a product over time to increase profits, hoping that consumers won't notice that your packet of biscuits is half the size that it used to be. Most people just silently accept it, but it really bugs me as a lazy way of adding "value".

People who put rubbish in an already full bin.

People who can't put the lid on the butter, or hang the teatowel back up, or put the kitchen scales back in the drawer after use.

People who spread crumbs all over the bench when they butter their toast, then leave the mess.

People who leave the potato and carrot peelings in the sink.

Tissues scattered everywhere.

Spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors in professional media.

I'm grumpy as hell.

Goldpick said:
Manufacturers that consistently decrease the size/weight/amount of a product over time to increase profits, hoping that consumers won't notice that your packet of biscuits is half the size that it used to be. Most people just silently accept it, but it really bugs me as a lazy way of adding "value".
Kingston biscuits and wagon wheels

Knuckle heads who legislate I have to give push bike riders a 1.5 metre clearance on a skinny single lane road where my truck tyres are running on the middle line and verging on gravel of the road shoulder and their two abreast GRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: They pay no revenue and every paying road user gets torn a new backside with rego costs and the bulk of it is TAC (Traffic Accident Commission - Vic) insurance. So if you're involved in a accident caused by a licra clad free loader and their injured their medical expenses are paid by the innocent party essentially. Came across one yesterday on the crest of a hill and had to slow 20kph :( he had room to move but chose not to :mad:

Gimp said:
Plant based meat, non dairy milk, breaking news, vegan attitudes towards converting the masses, internet beggars/poachers, city folks scared of snakes. Not a GOM, just life experienced.
:lol: probably lost a some supporters with the scared of snakes part :lol:

RM Outback said:
Knuckle heads who legislate I have to give push bike riders a 1.5 metre clearance on a skinny single lane road where my truck tyres are running on the middle line and verging on gravel of the road shoulder and their two abreast GRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: They pay no revenue and every paying road user gets torn a new backside with rego costs and the bulk of it is TAC (Traffic Accident Commission - Vic) insurance. So if you're involved in a accident caused by a licra clad free loader and their injured their medical expenses are paid by the innocent party essentially. Came across one yesterday on the crest of a hill and had to slow 20kph :( he had room to move but chose not to :mad:

Completely with you there RM Outback.

I drive down Heidelberg Road going to work, that's a very busy three lane road posted at 60km's, and they have a bike lane beside it. When it gets to a narrow bridge over a creek, there's barely enough room for the three lanes of traffic squeezed over the bridge, (and it gets hairy with a truck beside you, thinking your mirrors are about to be swiped off!). The bike lane clearly ends before the bridge and they're told to go on the footpath, that's been marked with a lane for bikes and walkers to share the footpath. They even put stop lights on the footpath for the bikes to stop when people are crossing at the lights onto the path, so the bike riders don't mow them down.

But these lycra clad morons ignore all of that, and stay on the road, causing chaos, with traffic doing 60 kms behind them all braking to slow down to 20 kms and less, while they ride over the bridge and annoy the hell out of all the drivers who have to slow down until they pick up the bike lane on the other side of the bridge and get out of the way!!

I got so peeved one time, when I had to brake hard to miss one of these idiots who didn't take the footpath and rode right in front of me, doing 60kms with nowhere to go with traffic in the next lane. I could have killed the idiot and was so angry that I laid my hand on the horn for the entire length of the bridge crawling along behind this idiot doing 15kms - and he abused me for it!! Well excuse me for using the road that you're NOT meant to be on!! A-hole! Think they own the road! ]:D

Hey Megsy, Imagine that you see that guy who owns the Mercedes sport riding a bike in lycra on the week end. He cuts you off then gives you the bird, later he sends you hate mail with exceptionally poor gramma and spelling.....just imagine it......Now you know what I feel like listening to people chew :playful:

Latest posts