Things that annoy you irrationally.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"He was a small man so did good to have drug him so far". I just added my little annoyance in there. When did saying " good " when it should be " well " start happenning ? Also songs that say " chew " instead of " you " Did it start in rap songs ? I want to rap/wrap them in a lead blanket and push them into the river :mad: :playful:

I have a tendency to ignore a lot of things in my daily life that annoy others, but there is one thing that is somewhere between a bewilderment and an annoyance.

Why is it that complete strangers feel a need to relate their health issues to me? I am not their doctor, in fact, my medical expertise is limited to a couple of Panadol and a bandaid will cure most ailments, anything more serious and you're talking to the wrong bloke.

My wife reckons I should show more compassion to those who suffer, but I was away the day they taught that at school.

Maybe I should stop greeting others by saying 'how are ya going?' - I'm leaving myself wide open to those who want to talk about their enlarged prostate or their sister's ongoing battle with an ingrown toe-nail or maybe I should wear a t-shirt screen printed with 'I'm not your bloody doctor...tell someone who cares!'

Goldfreak said:
I will start. I really hate the sound of people chewing, particularly smacking there lips, totally irrational I know. What little things irritate you ?

That's not irrational. It's a disorder called Misophonia and there's more people affected than one would think...

ilikegoldalot said:
Goldfreak said:
I will start. I really hate the sound of people chewing, particularly smacking there lips, totally irrational I know. What little things irritate you ?

That's not irrational. It's a disorder called Misophonia and there's more people affected than one would think...
Yes, you are correct. It triggers a fight or flight response in me. For example, when I was younger my uncle would often visit for dinner. He would chew rapidly with his lips pursed like a rabbit and then smack his lips every few seconds. Arrgh ! Don't get me wrong I like my uncle but when he did that I felt a huge urge to punch him in his rabbit chewing face ! Fortunately I just got up and left the room instead.

working with the young people of today that they think they are entitled to everything, whinge when asked to do some work and play on their phones all shift, and are that thin skinned they run 8.( to the boss when you pull them into line for doing the wrong thing, and as i are not political correct that get's me in the :poop: with the boss.I am not putting all young people in the same box, as i have have trained young fellows that wanted to learn, and i am bloody proud of their work ethic, and the way they apply the safety aspects and themselves to the job, that is a high safety risk job

People walking out in front of traffic or not taking off at traffic lights because they are staring at they're phone. Or walking into poles while texting which is more funny than annoying but still....
1567129456_images_2.jpg

This isn't an irrational things, and may lead off topic, however what really gets up my nose is traveling 25 minutes to the nearest green shed to buy some 6mm eye bolts, traveling 25 minutes home and finding the thread isn't 6mm (Just the eye). Its an annoying American thread, then a couple of days ater heading in again to get a load rated snap hook and having to ask the "expert" at the shed to translate the rating strain stamped on said snap hook from Lbs to kg.

Anyone got the number for Weights & Measures?

....hmmm maybe I should start a new thread titled "It's so wrong"

I will, I'm so pissed off I cant let it go.

I have the habit of clearing my throat from time to time and the wife hates it. Whenever I want to go detecting I start doing it intentionally and she tells me to get out of the house and do something....?...these are the sacrifices I make for matrimonial harmony.

Smoky bandit said:
Im Australian...I was tought to spell and speak the Aussie language....Not that proper English crap..... :lol: :lol: :fistpump: :playful: :beer:

I'm not starting an 'English v Australian' language war here, so put the popcorn back in the pantry, everyone. :D

Smoky bandit, let me just explain my situation, which you seem to scorn. I'm a 6th generation Australian with parents who went to school in the 1940's, who were taught to speak and spell 'proper English crap', as you call it. As children (and even to this day) every single time we mispronounced a word, or used 'Australianisms', we were corrected and told, "Stop butchering the English language, you sound like an illiterate guttersnipe!" It has been drummed into me, to use proper English, that has stayed with me throughout my life. And I might add, that it has benefited my career in several jobs, because I do use proper English.

There seems to be a general consensus, that to be a 'true blue Australian', you have to sound like a Bogun. But I'm here to tell you that not all Australians believe this, or perpetuate this belief. I'm a proud 'true blue Australian', I speak proper English, and I'm also proud of that too.

And I believe there's a big difference between using 'Australianisms' (G'day!), and just being badly educated and illiterate, that some people believe is "just being an Aussie"! I don't want to be considered as illiterate and badly educated, that people are perpetuating as just being Australian! We're not all like that at all, and I object to being considered as such! You might scorn people who use "proper English crap", but don't call me un-Australian for using it. I'm every bit as proudly Australian as the Boguns, if not more! :cool: :beer: :sunny:

Cheers, mate!
Megsy

Hey Megsy,
Settle down ...I havnt called you anything....But you have lowered yourself to name calling....Just because i make spelling errors sometimes... which is mostly fat fingers... doesnt meen im not educated...I maybe just dyslexic...Dont Assume....And Didn't you see the crying happy faces...
:beer:

Latest posts