Things that annoy you irrationally.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grubstake said:
Ded Driver said:
StoneTheCrows said:
Blackcatters p!5s me off. Probably cause I work with one and it goes on all day
pardon my hillbilly ignorance ..... what is a Blackcatter?? :argh:

Maybe this:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Black Catter

Yep thats the one.
I tested the guy last week. Mentioned that I parachuted into hobart (which I did)
Comeback instantly with he had parachuted into cambodia - get this - under gunfire.
30 year old been there done everything twice

I say I tested him last week. He gets tested every week by someone or other and always blackcats em

StoneTheCrows said:
Blackcatters p!5s me off. Probably cause I work with one and it goes on all day
I used to work with one of these. Told him about a famous person I met once while waiting at an airport so he told me how various members the royal family often visit him because he is related. Which would be funny except he wasnt trying to be funny. I got given a $10 tip once I told him, he then tells me he got given $ 50000 by a rich Arab because he did him a favour and gave him a lift to his hotel. No lie was too extreme.

Goldfreak said:
If you dont like people saying plarnt and carrstle, dont visit SA and if you cant stand poeple clearing there throat or spitting better not to visit mainland China :lol:

THAT is our Miss 3yrs, we have NO idea where she got it from, it has been spinning us out and always gives us a laugh
like she thinks she it English Aristocracy. We are in SA

:playful:

I just wish those eastern staters could just speak real aussie english
Imagine calling fritz devon and imagine calling anything other than farmers union iced coffee and i wont talk about the that black and white team from vic that talks about its 150 year afl history when the afl hasnt been around that long
rant over
Pagan P :playful: O:)

pagan prospector said:
Imagine calling fritz devon and imagine calling anything other than farmers union iced coffee and i wont talk about the that black and white team from vic that talks about its 150 year afl history when the afl hasnt been around that long
rant over

What about you WA knuckleheads he he,

a crescent is not a bloody shifter , Swan Lager is not beer, and every damn town ends in UP !!!! I still love coming over though, magic part of the world.

GT :) :Y:

I hate when I have been detecting a beach towards the gutter and some dude turns up and cuts 20m infront of me.... two days in a row on two different beaches and he isn't even a local.

goldtruck59 said:
a crescent is not a bloody shifter , Swan Lager is not beer, and every damn town ends in UP !!!! I still love coming over though, magic part of the world.
welllllll, not all of us
a Crescent is a crescent (coz it comes from the brand name), or else 'adjustable spanner'
Swan Lager is 2nd in line to Fosters, .... looks like beer, smells like beer, sure as hell doesn't taste like real beer :awful:
and as for Devon, get real, its POLONY :lol:
and as for 'up', I believe it originates from local Aboriginal language where it signified a place with water.

goldtruck59 said:
pagan prospector said:
rant over

Pagan might be a south aussie, especially if he knows what a stobie pole is.

MegsyB007 said:
Somethink. It's someTHING! THING! Arghh!!
Just a little something that drives me completely bonkers! ]:D
And that spitting one had me saying, "Ooh yeah!!" Disgusting! :mad:
that phrase leaves me in stitches when I hear it .... I usually reply (when I regain composure), 'what do you think'?
A writers nightmare stuff hey Megsy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pieces-Of-Eight said:
Jazz said:
Pom's pronouncing 'th' as 'f'.

You'd fink they'd know better. I fought they invented the language.
That's only the southern softies.. :power:

Ozzies who think debut is pronounced Dayboo :D :D :playful: :playful: :D :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TCqxaV7Cn4

It's the Yanks, I tell you! They say dayboo - among many other horrible mispronunciations that make me shudder and cringe.

Which reminds me of another one... The Yanks have been saying this complete rubbish in some books I've read recently.

They say DRUG, instead of DRAGGED. "He drug the chair across the room to the window...." Oh my aching writer's heart, just to type it here! :awful:

Latest posts