Waterproof in ear headphones

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey prospectors,
So I've been using my nox 600 for a few weeks now with MPow Bluetooth headphones (I don't like the over the ear type headphones).
Everything has been great until last weekend when I decided to give the unit a go in a bit deeper ware. Go figure, Bluetooth does not work when the nox hand set is submersed :|
So I guess I need to try a different option for these times. Does anyone know
1 if the WM 08 wireless adapter that comes with nox 800 works underwater ?
2 if I can purchase an adapter to take wired 3.5mm ear buds into the headset OR purchase a spare waterproof blanking plate that goes over the headphone socket that I can convert
3 if there are off the shelf wired earbuds that have the nox screw connector fitting.

I have come across the Waterproof Headphone Adaptor Cable 3.5mm Equinox from miners den but at $60 it seems a bit expensive for what is effectively a 3.5mm headphone extension cable.

Thanks
Steve

low frequencies, ie as per VLF detectors in kHz, propagate ok under water for the distance required, but the higher the frequency, the more the signal is attenuated.
That means your hi-freq signal for headphones (Bluetooth 2.45GHz) will not travel very well at all .. as good as no propagation.
This is why submarines (& whales) use ultrasound .. very very low frequency

Ded Driver said:
low frequencies, ie as per VLF detectors in kHz, propagate ok under water for the distance required, but the higher the frequency, the more the signal is attenuated.
That means your hi-freq signal for headphones (Bluetooth 2.45GHz) will not travel very well at all .. as good as no propagation.

I believe what you're referring to is actually infrasound:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound

grubstake said:
Ded Driver said:

I believe what you're referring to is actually infrasound:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound
my bad. I did mean Infrasound. :Y:
didn't realise I wrote ultrasound .... brain fade :argh:
thanks for picking that up Grubstake

Latest posts