geo vic maps on android tablet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

can u transfer geo vic maps and overlay on google maps i can open google maps up on the top of screen on geo vic but can u lay it on top of google maps?... clear as mud :idea: :idea: :idea:

Flatlander said:
can u transfer geo vic maps and overlay on google maps i can open google maps up on the top of screen on geo vic but can u lay it on top of google maps?... clear as mud :idea: :idea: :idea:
if you can get a kml file then yes

i use oziexplorer on win ce (hm6) and android (eee 10inch tablet)an it is awesome
you can do all sorts of things with ozi

1566960929_img_0014.jpg

Am not able to answer the original Q re Google Maps, but

Map Calibration in Oziexplorer
1567045397_tarnagulla_cal.jpg

The Calibrated Map and a Track laid in
1567045398_tarnagulla.jpg

It can be a tedious process, here's what I've done;
1. Go to Geovic, set up the detail you want and save the file as a .PDF to your PC.
2. Open the PDF and do a PRT SC, this stores a screenshot to the Windows Clipboard.
3. I use Photostudio as It was a freeby with my scanner to create a new image from the clipboard and then trim it to show just the map and save as a .JPG.
4. Open the image in Oziexplorer by activating Calibrate a Map Image and using the Grid Coords of the map, calibrate the Map and save.
5. This produces a .MAP file that will open in Oziexplorer.
6. You then need to convert the map image to .OZF4 file format using the Ozi convert tool IMG2OZF which is freely available on the Ozi Web site. This then can be used in your Hema GPS
7. As i have done this for a number of areas in the GT, I then stitched all of the GEOVIC maps to one Map using Mapmerge (also an Ozi App)

I have the Hema HN7 GPS, it's Off Road mapping App is based on Oziexplorer and will open the map file. You can then transfer Tracks and Waypoints to and from your PC to Hema or save track trails when out there. The Hema comes with an Oziexplorer App for your PC, however it is a Lite version that allows Tracks and Waypoint creation, but to my knowledge will NOT allow you to make and calibrate maps. You need to purchase the full version of Ozi to do that.

Can seem complex, but once you get your head around Ozi it's easy, but in saying that I've been using Ozi for 20 years, including when working (DOD) :)

thanks c22 thanks for that , like u said it looks complex but one step at a time. Flatlander

I've just bought a Hema 7 as I believe the new Hema wont allow me to do what I wanted.
I learned how to find what I needed (tracks etc) ( mark them) on Google earth or an old gold map, bring them into Ozi explorer and then put them onto the Hema 7 and give it a file name call it up and then get to it.
Trouble is I have forgotten how to do the bloody lot now and have to start again.
Time to ring the grand kids I think.

GT :p :(

export a kml file from google earth , import it into ozi , select track or waypoints from respective menus to be displayed
just remember where you put the kml so you can find it to import, pretty straight forward

Re Geovic, all I've managed to see on the website is the ability to print a map or save it as a .PDF. Certainly not a ready calibrated file.

Latest posts