RnB battery for TDI SL

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So what are our options here in Australia nobody is willing to send the battery here and I can't find anywhere online locally who sells them..is our only option to make our own battery packs? Who has time for that

Thanks for that link, i think I have spoken to this guy a while back. He said he doesn't sell enough of them so it's not worth the paperwork and hastle but just in case it was someone else I have sent the enquiry..
Will see how things pan out

Got an email back from cleggy he won't do it. Surely there has to be a way to get this thing to Australia ?

Snippifish, have you considered one of the eBay battery trays that run 3 x 18650 lithiums? karellian65 did a review of them on this site, Id post a link but I dont know how. I run one in an mxt. The seller still lists them on eBay at $30US posted.

Yep, thats the one. This tray has an advantage over the R&B battery as you can carry spare 18650s. When the R&B goes flat its over for the day. An important consideration with a high drain machine like the SL.
The same tray powers the mxt for an eternity.

As seen on a few other forums.
Whites spare AA battery tray modified in Australia.
Batteries and charger available in Australia.
Fits: SPP, TDI SL and TDI Beach Hunter + others using same tray.

1566198284_dscf0518_400.jpg

We had a few dead laptops laying about the house so I opened the battery packs and salvaged the 18650 batteries. I bought a charger with a discharge / test function so I could discard weak batteries and group the remainder by capacity. Ended up with about 2 dozen batteries in the 2300mah range. I also bought a battery pack on eBay that takes 6 x 18650s with an inbuilt protection circuit and 5v USB output which allows on the go charging of phones and even my nox if needed. The battery pack was about $20.

Ded Driver said:
goodstuff mbasko :Y:
edit
i notice the link you give is the US .com ebay site
i usually use the Au .com.au site, so hadnt searched that one!
Cheers :beer:
I use ebay.com.au too but change the search location filter to worldwide when looking for stuff like that or if I can't source something in Australia.
Those trays look like a good thing. With a couple of sets of 18650's still cheaper (& more versatile) than the RnB battery.

Ded Driver said:
just ordered the tray for my MXT :D

Your MXT will run for around 60 hours +/- using a set of Duracells, You might need to contact Whites to see if the MXT can handle the Voltage, The TDI's can handle up to around 16.v /16.4v but the MXT might have issues with that kind of voltage,

I always change my MXT Batteries at around 57 hours running Duracell AA's, running them down to about 8 or 9 volts. The MXT is voltage regulated so by adding a higher voltage will not serve any purpose and may kill the machine.