6x6 Unimog has to be the best off roader ever,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah billy goats on steroids but those are not even portal axles like the U1700models have which give them higher 600 mm ground clearance with standard 20 inch tyres.

I didnt see a 6 x 6 yet based on portals but I am sure it could be done , it would also give you a longer tray body if you were inclined to put a camper on the back , you could get a 6 metre long camper with a 6 x 6 as opposed to a 4.5 metre on the 4 x 4.

You have to note the video is taken with empty trucks and dry soil.

Different kind of fun if the truck had 3.5 tonnes of load and you were driving up clay tracks in monsoon rain....

:p

CreviceSucker said:
Yeah billy goats on steroids but those are not even portal axles like the U1700models have which give them higher 600 mm ground clearance with standard 20 inch tyres.

I didnt see a 6 x 6 yet based on portals but I am sure it could be done , it would also give you a longer tray body if you were inclined to put a camper on the back , you could get a 6 metre long camper with a 6 x 6 as opposed to a 4.5 metre on the 4 x 4.

Different kind of fun if the truck had 3.5 tonnes of load and you were driving up clay tracks in monsoon rain....

The Australian Army has Unimog 6x6 wreckers that have portal axles, just google it.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
CreviceSucker said:

The Australian Army has Unimog 6x6 wreckers that have portal axles, just google it.

Cheers

Doug

Yes you are right Doug , i scrolled back through my records of the Grays Online Army sales and one sold for $ 75 grand back in 2017

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/000...-u2450l-cab-chassis-6x6-wrecker-truck-01-2000

I have saved a screenshot of every Unimog auction Grays have had since day one.

Sadly the army auctions have now been taken over by Pickles due to financial anomalies outside of the business model anticipated by Eclipx Group who took over Grays a few years ago.

Dunno how user friendly the sales will be through Pickles group :awful:

1564919004_unimogs_oct_2017.jpg

At those prices it would be worth buying one of them instead of a 4x4, I don't know about over there but here they are classed as a Tractor which means you can run them on Red Diesel which is about half the price of normal diesel, damn things can ford 5 feet of water, and they have 16 forward gears and 16 reverse,

I was looking at them over here but they want way way too much for them.

Latest posts