Lower shaft end piece

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Went backside over this arvo with the 20 Nugget Finder on. When i got up the coil was twisted on the end. Does anyone know what adhesive is used to anchor the end piece to the carbon fibre?

Cheers guys.

Al.

No good Ad contact Nugget Finder and see what they say I've never heard of it happening before and think NF opinion is the best info to help you get it sorted. I'm keen to hear any response so good question even better to hear NF's thoughts and resolution. Just another thing to think about for the incidentals kit especially if you are remote.

RM Outback said:
No good Ad contact Nugget Finder and see what they say I've never heard of it happening before and think NF opinion is the best info to help you get it sorted. I'm keen to hear any response so good question even better to hear NF's thoughts and resolution. Just another thing to think about for the incidentals kit especially if you are remote.

Thanks RM, good point mate. Ill keep you posted.

Just to let you know, its not anything on the coil that has let go but the plastic piece in the end of the shaft. :Y:

limpalot said:
Is it a Minelab or Coiltec shaft?

Awe geez Limp i dont know mate.

1564401108_1b9de53e-65a3-4d14-a7f1-6931c6908766.jpg

mbasko said:
Take your pick - Araldite, Gorilla Glue etc. etc.

I have all those but wondered if there was a prefered. Someone mentioned plumbers cement which prob isnt a bad idea. I have this plus those mentioned.

I doubt that plumber cement would work. If mean the cement used to join the pvc pipes then it probably wont work as that cement relies on the chemical reaction between the cement and the pvc to bond together. It may weaken the carbon fibre if you use it :(

Aussiedigs said:
RM Outback said:

Thanks RM, good point mate. Ill keep you posted.

Just to let you know, its not anything on the coil that has let go but the plastic piece in the end of the shaft. :Y:

LoL I thought it was the shaft fitting on the coil :8 either way not a good way to finish the day :N: I'll follow the thread I'm sure there will be a few decent tips born from experience :Y:

Balmain Bob said:
I doubt that plumber cement would work. If mean the cement used to join the pvc pipes then it probably wont work as that cement relies on the chemical reaction between the cement and the pvc to bond together. It may weaken the carbon fibre if you use it :(

Yeah Bob i came to the same conclusion once i thought about it a bit. Ill use 2 part epoxy.