White's new TDI-PRO ( Oz ) Series....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wal, if you're still thinking about the Infinium, an 8" mono will turn it super sensitive. Mounting the control housing on the hip makes it light weight.

Hi Brad.... Liz seems to have her sights on the whites as she can use our existing range of coils for the gpx....Been working out of town fixing a roof damaged by the big storms last week....back in town now so will get over to bank today to fix up for the 3 sieves ...will PM you this evening ....Cheers Wal.

Hi all, im new to the forum and I have a TDI oz pro , great fun to work with, does anyone know of an external speaker you can have that clips on a shoulder pad like the rooster booster system, knowing that rooster booster is incompatible.
Minelab are flogging a small speaker that will plug in but not sure if I need an amp with it.

cheers
Tails

Hi Tails,

I posted this info on the SD2100 thread re speakers/boosters

DON'T pay $140!!!!

All a signal booster is is an audio amplifier. It lets you run less threshold but amplifies the signal so you hear more audio with less signal.

On my TDI I bought a amplified speaker from K-Mart for $20 and made up a patch cord for about $15 which is just a curly cord with 3 wires inside and you buy a 3.5mm fitting to replace one 6.35. The amplified speaker has a battery and charges via USB. I popped the speaker in my top pocket and clipped the curly cord to my backpack and then to the detector. In my use it signifiantly increased the chances of hearing a target over the background noise. But it also increases the sound of ground, emi, lightning etc.

When I sold my TDI I sent the speaker with it. When I get a chance I'll be buying another one to go on the GPX.

I mucked around with an amp and speaker setup but ended up going for the all in one package.
FYI the amp I used was a headphone amp from ebay for about $20. Speaker was a UHF style external.

Sunday just gone met a bloke called Bob camped here in Tennant with his wife. He has recently bought a TDI Oz Pro and it cant handle the heavy mineralisation here !. Myself and dale took him with us for a couple of hours , first off the 12' coil that comes standard wouldn't pick up a .3 nugget in a plastic vial when the coilwas rubbed over it but would pick it up clearly when waved over the top ! So thought it must be a coil problem so set up my 11' dd commander on it and a bit better. Clear signal but so noisy background. Took him to where he might find some but even after 2 hours of constant adjustments, ground was too noisy for it.It is very heavy hot mineralised ground here and he might as well have been swinging an old vlf. As he is travelling right around the country he is reporting back to Whites rep in Oz on his experiences, i gather this is his first stop with it, Whites are sending him 2 new coils (12" and 6") and if he still has same probs then he has to send the unit back to them. He has our contact details and as i hear from him i will let you know how he is getting on with it. :cool:

Great info , thanks for that , and sorry for taking so long to reply.
Ben78 said:
Hi Tails,

I posted this info on the SD2100 thread re speakers/boosters

DON'T pay $140!!!!

All a signal booster is is an audio amplifier. It lets you run less threshold but amplifies the signal so you hear more audio with less signal.

On my TDI I bought a amplified speaker from K-Mart for $20 and made up a patch cord for about $15 which is just a curly cord with 3 wires inside and you buy a 3.5mm fitting to replace one 6.35. The amplified speaker has a battery and charges via USB. I popped the speaker in my top pocket and clipped the curly cord to my backpack and then to the detector. In my use it signifiantly increased the chances of hearing a target over the background noise. But it also increases the sound of ground, emi, lightning etc.

When I sold my TDI I sent the speaker with it. When I get a chance I'll be buying another one to go on the GPX.

I mucked around with an amp and speaker setup but ended up going for the all in one package.
FYI the amp I used was a headphone amp from ebay for about $20. Speaker was a UHF style external.

Hi Wal, I use the TDI pro and enjoy it , have found using a hipstick with a shoulder harness good and can go all day with either minelab or white TDI machines.
WalnLiz said:
Thanks for that info dave....doesn't sound real great at all....trying to find something a bit lighter for Liz to use as she's only good for about 2 hours with the minelabs....think i might have to chuck 6 more weetbix's in her breakfast bowl and maybe a gym membership for her birthday......or is that grounds for divorce....i better ponder on it a bit more.......Cheers Wal.

Thats interesting Mystyk59,I was at tennant a short while age my tdi pro rang quite smooth with the original coil.Have you heard back from him.

Depends on the mineralization and how well you ground balance. The smallest i picked up recently in WA was .25 grams, and that was scraped out of the ground....not a sun baker.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks wal' in trying to find a new detector for Tibooburra so far I can't do betta than the whites GMT amazing what it will find up there a real patch cleaner.

Got one for Liz as the Minelabs were a bit heavy for her to use. Gave it a good run over in WA on very mineralized ground and was impressed with its performance. A very capable machine once you gain some experience with it and certainly gets some consistent gold in the right hands. We found several nuggets with it over a very short time.

For a detector in this price range I'd put it at the top of the list.

Cheers Wal.

Read the field test conducted at amherst vic, two specis and total 11g. I hear many paying out on this machine but is there any other pi with a track record of more than an odd speci coming out of the ground? How would rate this against what the same coin would set you back on a used minelab wal if you don't mind me asking?

You'll buy a used tdi for the same dollars as a used 2100 and get approx 3500 performance.

Did some wheeling and dealing and lashed out for a TDI pro on the week end ' very impressed so far' won't be a problem down the local park as it works fine in the back yard, the 3000 wouldn't run in cancel!. So far I'd say that it gives an upper hand over the 3000 that I no longer have as the small loss on depth worth it just to be able to use it as an all round machine. Not to mention no sweaty harness and brick on the back.

Luke, time spent on the frequency knobs is time well spent, and don't be afraid to turn the gain down a little if needed.

Latest posts