White's new TDI-PRO ( Oz ) Series....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalnLiz

Wal nLiz
Reaction score
Hi guys...anybody had a swing of the new Oz series Pro yet...??? Heard some good reports and being a PI machine seams like it may tick a few boxes....especially in the price department. Been told it can even handle the Molaigal ground with not much less depth than the gpx 5000. At only 2 Grand it would be a great back up detector.....can't even pick up an old 2200 for that price.

Suppose to have been built for the ozzi fields and takes the full range of Coiltek /Nugget Finder / Minelab coils.....that's another massive saving if your already running a Minelab machine.....keen to get some feed back if anyone has actually swung one in the field.....Cheers Wal.

TDI-Pro works just fine on beaches and gold fields even in some hot ground in WA.
Had mine for a couple of years........no complaints.

ivanll

Hi ivanll....heard good reports about the TDI Pro ( Oz Series ) which is an upgraded version of the original Series .....thinking of getting one for the wife as an upgrade for the 2200. Good to hear that you have no complaints with your original series.The new (Oz Series ) is apparently upgraded in the ground mineralization department. Thanks heaps for the feedback....Cheers Wal.

TDI Pro is an upgraded Pulsescan TDI.
TDI-Pro Oz series have a 12" Mono coil supplied over here, compared to a TDI-Pro in US which have a dual field coil supplied as standard.
So there are 3 models...TDI.....TDI Pro...and the TDI SL which is not available here.

ivanll

Personally believe the Sd2200 would be better than Whites. Personal opinion only.

Thanks guys...can't fault the old 2200 and it has certainly paid for itself many times over. Might wait till i can find someone who actually owns one in our area our area so i can do a direct comparison. Liz doesn't detect that much so the old machine might have to do a bit longer. Just have to keep her away from the 5000.....so she doesn't demand one for herself.

I have seen a tdi pro been used, I detected a token at a club event with my Xterra (it wasn't deep maybe 10 cm) as this kid ( newbie at club)walked up from behind I said to him there is a signal there he run his machine over it got the signal. Droped the machine suddenly in excitment from at most a foot from ground as he started to dig. As he did I heard the pop rivet pop out holding control box to shaft. I try to tell him but he didn't relize as he stood up the control box was hanging by the wires to the rest of machine. I then got his attention and he passed it to his Dad. Now while I felt sorry for him and he should of taken more care, it was not dropped from a great height & shouldn't of broken as easy as it did.
My first thoughts of machine was that is not good, even over time these would not last regardless of how careful someone is with machine.
I do regard some of whites products better built than other brands, Example is the whites surf PI it is cheaper and built better and works as good if not better than it's oposition.
I was thinking the same as you until this time but now would get a Sd 2200 for my kids before this machine.

Thanks for that info dave....doesn't sound real great at all....trying to find something a bit lighter for Liz to use as she's only good for about 2 hours with the minelabs....think i might have to chuck 6 more weetbix's in her breakfast bowl and maybe a gym membership for her birthday......or is that grounds for divorce....i better ponder on it a bit more.......Cheers Wal.

The supplied coil of the TDI Pro have a 1.83 m (6') wire which make it conveniently chest mountable the box also have a belt clip just for this purpose.
Purposely built coils also have long wires for this reason.......it's also the only way I use mine.

ivanll

Hi the Duck.....she already has a gold bug and uses it on the beach....super light. Wish there was a PI around about the same weight....Cheers Wal.

Hi ivanll....need to have a serious look at the hip mount config.....might be light enough when used like this.....Cheers Wal.

Here my 2 suggestions both of these machine are lighter than SD. 1st the Whites surf PI yes it's designed for water & fully waterproof but comfortable, light & PI so still has great depth cost New $995. 2nd Choice is Garrett Infinium again Fully waterproof & PI so still has great depth also Cost about $ 1300?
I have have seen & used the Whites Surf PI but not the Garrett, I would not have any concerns with how the Whites Surf PI is built & I know people that use them regular, have been for a number of years with no problems.
The other problem I see with the Whites TDI is if it is chest or waist mounted it would become out of balance & whilst very light it would be heavy at coil end.

TDI Pro will compliment a GPX 5000, an owner of both will know from first hand experiences not mere opinions.

I'm not associated with any detector brand......coil manufacturers........ or dealers for that matter.

ivanll

The only fault I have with the TDI Pro is the way it is just pop rivet to shaft. I watched it simple fall apart right in front of me Very poorly constructed in my opinion. If the control box is remove from the shaft as suggested it affects the balance of the whole machine. Whereas the White surf & Garrett infinium are both still PI and work very much like the TDI but are built better.

Thanks heaps for the info guys.....the detector will never get used on the beach and would simply be used on the goldfields as a lighter alternative for Liz. Need to make a decision before our next trip over to W.A in July...Worst case scenario she'll have to do more push ups and make do with the 4500 until something lighter comes up....Cheers Wal.

Had a Whites Surfmaster (sold it) Have an Infinium LS, not much in coil choice and not light weight.......definitely not compatible with a GPX.
Handle rivets on TDI Pro SS x3, it'll take some force to remove them.

WalnLiz whatever you decide on.......

ivanll

Thanks for the info ivanll....Liz is pretty well sold on the machine after seeing it at the detector shop in Dunolly over xmas. Have heaps of spare coils from the minelabs so coil choice won't be a problem. Looks like it will probably be her birthday present.....Cheers Wal...and thanks again.

I didnt think the beach detectors worked well on the goldfields i know my gold bug 2 wont hack the black sand beaches i couldnt even ground balance it

I have seen the gold finds from your tdi ivan and they were at a good depth to

Miss Duck, :)
It is an unusual depth for the TDI Pro on the given size of gold nuggets.
Have not been able to do the same in home testing, but a theory is at hand on why so instead of doing a lot of testing, it's easier to remember the condition on the day some of which by the way is clearly visible in the pictures that was posted of that dig.
Most people read words like what was found, how deep, what derector/coil combination and so forth.....but they fail to read the picture.
I usually post pictures, first it reduces the amount of writing one have to do but more so to provide info that is hard to precisely convoy.
One clue is in the brown colour on the ground surface, also seen on the overturned stones/rocks.

Is the T2SE in?.... there is a user setup video available on youtube.....interesting.

ivanll

Latest posts