You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Panny McGee
22 August 2019 02:54 pm

Wheremuhgoldat wrote:

Part 6 in our Search for Gold,

We find the most gold we've ever found! We find an area that just keeps on turning up colour. Even with the torrential downpour we have a fantastic time.

Panny's (Dunky) great thumbnail

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 246276.jpg

Sitting here in the Dr's waiting room; coughing, sneezing and generally feeling awful... I think about this video and can't help but wonder, was it all worth it?

Is the fun we had and the amount of gold we found making this video, really worth the sore throat, runny nose and all the aches and pains I feel right now?

Was standing boots deep in a creek, cursing at the polar vortex whilst getting absolutely soaked through, really worth it?

ABSOLUTELY!! playful goldpan gold-nugget

Last edited by Panny McGee (22 August 2019 02:56 pm)

Cheese lover and un-bearded half of Dunky and the Rav3n smile

4 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Billy, Jazz, Ship of fools

Wheremuhgoldat
27 August 2019 01:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope youre all doing well. This latest adventure is split over two days and in the interests of clarity the second half wasn't completely solo (see if you can spot the hidden Dunkys). Using the river sluice I manage to find a nice little haul and whats this? OMG the sun decided to show up on this day!

Dunkys/Pannys thumbnail

1566872336_2019-08-27_12-12-34.jpg

The bearded half of Dunky and the Rav3n.

4 users like this post: Billy, MegsyB007, Panny McGee, Jazz

Wheremuhgoldat
02 September 2019 09:56 am

Hi everyone and a big thank you to everyone that has been watching our videos, we seriously appreciate it.

In this episode we meet up with Walk About Prospecting who very kindly shows us the ins and outs of his Highbanker. We also reach the pinnacle of visual effects in this episode...

Dunkys Thumbnail
1567378608_received_2634566933242141.jpg

4 users like this post: Jazz, Billy, MegsyB007, Ded Driver

Franco
02 September 2019 07:57 pm

Laughing waaaay too hard!
Subscribed!!
Keep going. I’m really enjoying your channel.

Newbie with a modded SD2000, and a willingness to learn.

2 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Panny McGee

Wheremuhgoldat
02 September 2019 11:50 pm

@Franco thanks man we really appreciate the sub! Don't expect groundbreaking visual effects like that in every episode though playful

Seriously though we appreciate the sub and the view amd also the feedback. It makes us want to keep on making more videos big_smile

1 user likes this post: Jazz

Jazz
05 September 2019 04:28 pm

Subbed about a week ago here too. Keep it up! cool

Wheremuhgoldat
05 September 2019 04:46 pm

Jazz wrote:

Subbed about a week ago here too. Keep it up! cool

Oh serious? That's awesome, thanks Jazz. I appreciate the views and the sub big_smile

1 user likes this post: Jazz

Mike501
05 September 2019 04:51 pm

Yea sub here too, very entertaining keep it up.

Gp3000, 2 pans , clarifier.

Wheremuhgoldat
05 September 2019 10:15 pm

Mike501 wrote:

Really feeling the love here guys, it's sometimes feels like we are just making the vids for ourselves but it's such an awesome feeling when we find out others enjoy them as well.

Mike, you are a champ for subbing and we don't take it lightly. Thanks man.

1 user likes this post: Mike501

Mike501
06 September 2019 07:28 am

Wheremuhgoldat wrote:
Mike501 wrote:

Really feeling the love here guys, it's sometimes feels like we are just making the vids for ourselves but it's such an awesome feeling when we find out others enjoy them as well.

Mike, you are a champ for subbing and we don't take it lightly. Thanks man.

Wheremugoldat do you guys have detectors yet?

1 user likes this post: Wheremuhgoldat

Wheremuhgoldat
06 September 2019 02:20 pm

Mike501 we do! We took them out last week and...found a bunch of old iron. A LOT of old iron. In fact I would go so far as to say there is no longer any old iron undetected in Creswick.

2 users like this post: Mike501, Ded Driver

Panny McGee
06 September 2019 02:23 pm

Panny (Dunky) here, are you a detector Mike? Would love to hear what you use and any advice you may have is always appreciated smile

Last edited by Panny McGee (06 September 2019 02:24 pm)

Mike501
06 September 2019 03:17 pm

Panny McGee wrote:

Panny (Dunky) here, are you a detector Mike? Would love to hear what you use and any advice you may have is always appreciated smile

I have a gp3000 don’t have any advice as I’m pretty new to it as well, what I’ve learnt is to look for any signs of quartz reefs and if an area looks like it might hold gold or looks interesting check it out. What kind of detectors are you guys using?

1 user likes this post: Panny McGee

Patrick1
06 September 2019 08:39 pm

If any of y'all get near Maryborough, Vic, give me a shout. I'll take ya out learn ya something.??

3 users like this post: Mike501, Panny McGee, Wheremuhgoldat

Panny McGee
06 September 2019 09:42 pm

Hi Mike: We decided on some gold monster 1000's. We're still working them out but we're having a lot of fun while we do. Sounds like we're doing the same thing you are when we look for areas to detect in, so surely it's just a matter of time before we all find that massive boulder of gold yeah?!! smile gold-nugget

Hi Patrick, thanks for that mate! Always up for some advice so if we're in the area we'll definitely get in touch smile

2 users like this post: Jazz, Wheremuhgoldat

Mike501
06 September 2019 10:07 pm

Panny McGee wrote:

Hi Mike: We decided on some gold monster 1000's. We're still working them out but we're having a lot of fun while we do. Sounds like we're doing the same thing you are when we look for areas to detect in, so surely it's just a matter of time before we all find that massive boulder of gold yeah?!! smile gold-nugget

Hi Patrick, thanks for that mate! Always up for some advice so if we're in the area we'll definitely get in touch smile

Hi Panny I went with the GP3000 because it is a PI machine, I have heard the VLF machines might not handle hot ground as well as a PI machine, but in saying that I haven’t found a nugget yet, just iron and lead, we don’t have a lot of general areas to prospect in QLD unfortunately.

Panny McGee
10 September 2019 12:16 pm

Hey Mike,

Surely it's only a matter of time before you find those elusive nuggies! Or allusive should I say.. gold-nugget

I don't really know much about prospecting areas in Qld, are there particular areas that have higher gold concentrations? Just curious if you need to look out for the same kind of conditions as we do down south..

1 user likes this post: Wheremuhgoldat

Mike501
10 September 2019 04:57 pm

Hi Panny, yea I know just have to keep trying, in Qld we have GPA’s ( General Prospecting Areas ) unfortunately we can not prospect in State Forrest’s unless they are GPA’s , you can ask land owners for permission to fossick on private property also. So it’s

Mike501
10 September 2019 04:58 pm

A bit harder up here, just have to keep trying. smile

Panny McGee
18 September 2019 03:28 pm

Surely it's only a matter of time before you find those elusive nuggets, or allusive should I say ? gold-nugget

Mike501
18 September 2019 08:34 pm

Yea went out on Monday and no luck with the gold only rubbish, just got to keep trying.
Saw your new YouTube was entertaining hopefully you have more luck too.

Panny McGee
19 September 2019 10:51 am

Oh thank you so much for the feedback Mike! big_smile

We are genuinely trying to learn as much as possible about the whole detecting/prospecting lifestyle, so we just keep getting out there and giving it a go like you.

We love getting feedback and advice from everyone who offers it because it really helps us to understand the why and where of what we're doing, and this gives us a chance to look back at our earlier vids and see how far we've come and how much we've learnt.

We just hope that people are entertained by what we're doing, but also that they feel like they're learning something new right along with us.

We can't wait to get to a stage where we're able to confidently offer advice to anyone else just starting out and hopefully our vids can help with that process.

Best of luck to you our friend, fingers crossed you strike it lucky soon! Then you'll have to tell us how you did it! big_smile

Last edited by Panny McGee (19 September 2019 10:51 am)

Mike501
19 September 2019 07:40 pm

Will definitely let you know if I have any luck, keep the videos coming.

Mike501
19 September 2019 07:42 pm

The only problem with up here is that the gold fields are 3 hours from home so can’t just go out for an hour detecting.

BigWave
19 September 2019 08:27 pm

I like that you're having "crazy fun" and learning, but if you're using detectors, then you should really get a better one and join with someone like Patrick 1 who knows,detectors and the ground.
Quite frankly, many of us more seasoned gold hunters find your exploits a little "naive" - not sure of the correct word - not wishing to criticise, but only watching out of curiosity - if that.
It's OK if you just want to stumble around nearly blind in the bush, but some solid background, a good detector and knowledge from a seasoned detectorist will make your videos much more entertaining, productive and educational.
There have been many beauts.
If you want to generate an income from YouTube subscribers, then you'll have to add knowledge, solid experience and results.
There have been many before you who have tried for YouTube sponsorship. Don't let me put you off though.
Many of us had many happy "crazy fun" months/years before detecting our first gold, but learning from someone who had learned, would have sped this process immensely.
Have this post reported/scrubbed if you like.
It's just written to help you guys IMHO.

Last edited by BigWave (19 September 2019 08:48 pm)

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter