Being asked to act as executor of a friends will

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
Dude! he's executing his old mates will, he's not making an episode of to catch a preditor with Chris Hanson

This is more about the OP covering all the bases than you making smart ass comments to another one of my posts. AGAIN, this has been going on for well over a year now, Seems like you have a problem, I make a post and you have to pi$$ on the fire

If you have nothing good to say. Enough is enough.

Dude...I make smart arse comments to every ones posts not just yours. Not sure why, can't quite put my finger on it but I'm sure it's got something to do with me being a smart arse.

Don't go blowing a neck vein over it!

madtuna said:
Dude...I make smart arse comments to every ones posts not just yours. Not sure why, can't quite put my finger on it but I'm sure it's got something to do with me being a smart arse.

Don't go blowing a neck vein over it!

Mate you need to chill out,

I made the decision and made an appointment today to take him to see a local solicitor I have used in the past when buying or selling properties.
They are going to see us both this Friday to do his will at an agreed price of $100.
Which is pretty good deal. State Trustees would do it for free but can't do it until August when they have a time available.

nucopia said:
I made the decision and made an appointment today to take him to see a local solicitor I have used in the past when buying or selling properties.
They are going to see us both this Friday to do his will at an agreed price of $100.
Which is pretty good deal. State Trustees would do it for free but can't do it until August when they have a time available.

Cool, Well done mate that's the ticket Ay, Ya doing the right thing here jumping in on this ASAP, poor fella needs someone In his corner who's got his back, :Y: :perfect:

Not all Solicitors are good at this thing, if it is not their primary income.

AND you can always still go to the State Trustee's for a review of the one drawn up, it may be worth it for that second opinion.

I sense some concerns about 'time'.

Best of luck.

Greenhornet_au said:
Not all Solicitors are good at this thing, if it is not their primary income.

AND you can always still go to the State Trustee's for a review of the one drawn up, it may be worth it for that second opinion.

I sense some concerns about 'time'.

Best of luck.
Thanks Manpa I also hope for the best ..

That's a very good idea GH about getting the public trustees to review the will..when I called them today they said ..If I or my friend needed any help to just call them..
I think I will call them after its done and ask about having it registered with them for safe keeping and in case any issues arise later with the son in-law ..
Might put them down as the alternate executors as well..

My friend seems to be the one that is concerned with time .. I get the feeling when we talk that he has given up or is resigned to going in a short time..
That's not a good mindset he is 92 but damn until a month ago he was very active and involved with life. Still driving and still playing bowls and having a beer or two with his mates..
For me my hope is , once the will is done , he then feels a lot less stressed and a lot less worried about the situation with the son in-law and just gets back to living every day to its fullest.
I would dearly love to be there when he blows out 100 candles and opens a letter from the Queen.. :perfect:

Ridge Runner said:
magneticsand said:
Ridge Runner said:
magneticsand said:
Ridge Runner said:
It's funny how the sentence never matches the crime, Either way I would let the powers that be know a bit about the background regarding this person along with what he has basically stolen from your friend, Just Mark his cards with the police etc because with his history it won't take much to clip his wings.

How would you suggest doing that? The OP is a third party with no proof.

Easy, I would get what ever info I need to back up the claim, people like that are creatures of habit.

Pretty hard to document cash, "gifts" and loans without paperwork.
Hard to document stuff sold on peoples behalf but the sale price being higher than whats handed over.
Hard to document stuff like always paying for dinners drinks, groceries.

There are heaps of ways his mate could have been leeched off with no recourse.
My advice is to stay out of that part of it and simply carry out the old guys wishes.

Trouble is nucopia can't stay out of it because he has been asked to help by the Gentleman, One thing I would do is place hidden cameras around the place like those that are fitted inside of plug sockets and plants etc and then have them record when ever that clown turns up, There is more than one way to skin a cat, Wish I lived closer, ;)

I dont know what methods the son in law is using to play with the old blokes head , it might be just subtle head games , but there are people in this country who use hypnotic mind altering influences to defraud government , corporations and individuals of billions of dollars

I have seen it done to large businesses , two of which were bankrupted , I have experienced it being done to me , and observed cases where govt departments have awarded government grants to criminal members of these groups for intangible uses usually labelled as community services grants , these frauds were approved by either public servants or politicians who had been corrupted by these criminals.

Some of you might want to think I am talking crap coz they cant be hypnotised but I have witnessed this evil shett for 25 years , some of the methods used are that the offenders program your subconscious with whatever they want you to think or do , and you will think your actions are your own ideas , I have written affidavits of what I have witnessed ...

7.62marksman said:
Been there done that twice
Once without a lawyer lost everything
Once with a lawyer doing the paperwork they got nothing
Yes i have and two things
1 if you do it yourself then its a waste of time as they can say it was done with him NOT being of sound mind and they can and will fight it in court and win. You then will be dragged into court and will have to prove he was of sound mind and will cost a lot more then a lawyer doing the will
2 it might cost a bit but get legal to do yes they can fight it in court but there is less chance of them winning

How do you deal with a case where a relo dies , his will states he is leaving everything to a charity , but you suspect that relos have messed with his head and that he sold off assets and gave very large cash gifts to them before he died ?

I have a copy of the will but the name of the solicitor is not stated , and his signature is illegible.

How do i investigate if the will supplied to me is genuine , or if he paid money out to people prior to death ?

Went with the friend to see the solicitors this morning.
It was a very informative half hour, it turns out that my friend owns half of the home he lives in according to the terms of his late partners will.
This was something he was unaware of until now. He was under the impression that he only had rights of residence for life.
The house was purchased with his deceased partner about 26 years ago, at that time his partner sold a home she owned and used that money along with money my friend contributed to buy the house together.
Her will states her share of the home was to go to her son but only if and when my friend decided to sell or after his passing, until either took place, my friend was to have full rights to continue living in the home.
This came as a bit of a shock to him and it also was a great relief for to him to know that he still had some assets left.
The solicitor is going to put together a draft will for my friend to look over in the coming week.

I am glad we decided to go to a solicitor instead of doing the will our selves as this was the best outcome for my friend..
:perfect:

Been appointed as the executor and have been given power of attorney over my friend and his financial dealings ..not that he needs it but I can now stop the son in-law dead in his tracks if he tries anything.
My friend now feels a lot more comfortable and thankfully is a lot more positive about life.
Me . I am just happy my friend who deserves to feel secure , is now feeling much more relaxed and he is even more outgoing in his attitude and is now positive about life . :perfect:
Amazing

Well Done Mate, You're a Star, It's great that your mate has picked up a bit, At his time of life he deserves better Ay, :Y:

Latest posts