Harts Range private leases

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, planning a trip to Harts Range for the first time! Plan to mostly explore the Mt Palmer area, and stop past Zercon Mud Flats. Currently requesting permission to go Kong Bore ( but I'm not too hopeful on the results from other forums I've read). However, anyone got any info or contacts for private leases in area that for some $$$ would let us fossick for a day? Any helpful info appreciated. We have a reliable 4x4 so difficult tracks are not a problem, and totally self sufficient. We are very respectful of other people's property and native wildlife, being very small females, we mostly speck!! :) :) :)

I Don't think you will get into Kong Bore... That area has been closed for over 2yrs as far as I know. Plenty of other areas to go to anyhow.. Exploration everywhere in the Ranges ATM... Lots of areas 'off limits' that used to be 'Open' to fossickers... Best to read the 'Guide' then Make a Plan, and call NT Mines about the latest info on the areas you have chosen... They are very helpful.... :eek: :D

Do you have the latest USB from NT Government titled 'Fossicking the NT' ? Its Free and posted to your door...... One of the best ways to promote and guide you around up there. It contains most of the maps you will need up there.... or use the Link and download the maps and the 'Fossicking Guide'.. Some contact numbers in there as well .....A very useful Publication that Other States should look into if they are Serious about Promoting Fossicking.. https://fossicking.nt.gov.au/
https://www.mindat.org/ is also Very useful...

Most small Leaseholders up there Will NOT allow you anywhere near their leases.. Some very rare Goodies are found there and They are very greedy and want all their unique goodies to themselves and then sell at Outrageous prices Overseas... Their Leases are very well 'Guarded' too..... All year...
A few big leaseholders may allow you in to fossick, but you need to ask them before you get there....

Mt Palmer area is Aboriginal Land (as is a lot of fossicking areas up there) and is best to seek permission at Atitjere Community for any Fossicking in Harts Range Central Region...
This will always be granted if you show Respect and Ask Permission. ...

If you post on the Forum 10 times, you can PM (private message)... ;) ;)

LW.... :koala:

2 Very Rare items found on 'Private Leases' in the Harts Ranges area.....
Sceptre Amethyst..
1563682474_2a15f801747ff0941ad3ccac5aa9d79c.jpg

Lattice Sunstone...
1563682738_pys37p33.jpg

Mouth Drooling stuff... :drooling:

LW...

Great posts LW - very informative and helpful!

Doesn't that Lattice Sunstone look manufactured?! Amazing!

Cheers,
Megsy

Yeh, mate, that lattice sunstone is soooooo drewl worthy, that's why I thought ide ask Riddock Station anyhow, even if answer is no! I've done all my research for areas in Harts Range we got planned and contacted NT, JUST to make sure ( apparently you dont need to fill any paperwork or pay any fees for public fossicking areas!!!) because it sounded suss. I'm a Qlder, so gotta have license for everywhere. Thanks for info, I dont know what private lease ppl like up there, but I take your word for it. I thought maybe I could temp them by paying, hehehe ??

:gemstone: :gemstone: I just really really REALY want to find one of those Sunstones!!!

MegsyB007 said:
Great posts LW - very informative and helpful!

Doesn't that Lattice Sunstone look manufactured?! Amazing!

Cheers,
Megsy

Yes it does look Manufactured Megsy...But it's not... There are only 3 Locations in the World where you can find it, and 2 of those are at the Harts Ranges in the NT...
Some reading on Sunstone... Not everything on this site is True... :bomb:
https://www.rainbowlattice.com/

No Fees in the NT... Unusual, but True... :Y:

Mt Riddock Station has nothing to do with the Sunstone... The Owner of the Lease has the above 'store'.... He 'Steam-rolled' the Owner of Riddock Station in obtaining the Lease and was such a 'Mate' to Sonny, the original finder of the Deposit... (Well we wont go there. :mad:) ...

If you use the NT Mines search tool (can't recall its name) you will find there are several small leases scattered over the area of Mt Riddock Station and Entia Valley areas (both hold Rare Goodies) and Who owns them is easily found out...

The above Sceptre Amethyst I think is one of this fellows... who I call 'The Crystal King' Patrick Gundersen... :cool:
https://www.instagram.com/crystals_of_australia/ He also has a Fakebook page as well..

You can't blame them for Protecting something so Precious....

LW....

Thanks lone wolf, I know there was a " thing" over Kong Bore, but I thought it was still officially owned by Riddock Station, apparently not. I did contact *tree, but they dont have anything to do with it, so they say. Thanks for links, I'll get a GMS. And for everyone else the name of lease holder thing is called Strike( though I found it very hard to navigate, maybe it's my poor technically skills lol!!) Cheers everyone!!

You only 'Own' the first 150mm of soil on your land... The 'Crown' owns what is underneath that.... Once a lease is Granted and Active, you need Leaseholders permission in the NT... But, you can apply using forms available from NT Mines, to access the area in question. Something like a 40e permit in WA...

That's it Strike... Hard to master, but once you do, it's very good....
Kong Bore could be a new mine soon if things work the way the Lease Holder wants it to..
Mt Riddock Station has had a hard time with lots of Theft and blatant vandalism for several years now... The Property Owners have been forced to 'restrict' Fossickers after these acts of late...
Hoons have also been a real issue out there.... Not real hard to work out where they are coming from... :/

Old Station Well is another area Off Limits to Fossickers on Mt Riddock Station ... :rolleyes:

LW...

It's a shame when a few ruin it for all. I feel for the farmers, they do it bloody tuff, without hoons, cattle thieves and mining corporations, vandels etc on top of that

Glad I decided to get another USB... This 'issue' USB has far more info, No mistakes and updated maps compared to my old 'Issue' USB....

Great job NT Mines... :perfect:

LW....

Yeh, I just received one from NT, great resource...and it was for FREE!! Not used to this free stuff ????

Latest posts