Replacement 5 Knob set for my Minelab Excalibur 11 prefer Anderson

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoopa

Tim
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking to buy a replacement set (5) of knobs for my minelab excalibur 11. It's the old problem, minelab have put poor quality knobs on and all five have broken in a short period. I want a set of the Anderson brand which are the best. Anyone have a lead for a supplier in Australia before I buy from the USA. Thanks. Scoops. :Y:

There are a plethora of electronics suppliers who stock all kinds of knobs that will fit the machine. Don't see much reason to go for US branded ones, it's bothering me that I cant seem find specs for Andersons that make any sense. One store shows then being over 5.5" square?

1563614046_knobs.jpg

This is what happens to the original Minelab Excalibur Knobs due to poor quality plastics.

mbasko said:
Jaycar or similar should have something to suit (1/4" - 6.3mm shaft).
Miners Den sell the original knobs & covers for about $8ea - Jaycar etc. should be cheaper.
I agree jaycar would have something like that for sure

The ML ones should be replaceable as in the inserts, unfortunately you have to buy the main body and the insert; but still cheap.

They fail over time and with exposure to Salt water ....

BUT they are designed to fracture and split when exposed to knocks and heavy bumps !

Better to replace a knob than have the main pod end up with a cracked shaft guide :Y:

Also the every day knobs have brass and or ss and or cheep metal bits and they can corrode and cause major problems later on. Seen a few pods totally stuffed due to corroded knobs and people crushing the shaft guide when trying to get the bad knobs off.

So why stuff a good machine with some non approved NON salt water knobs that can also add to EMI interference...

At $6.50 for the original...

http://www.minersden.com.au/spare-part-knob-exc-k10-6mm

I only use the ML knobs and have refused to service units that come in with after market knobs that have corroded to the shafts.

The ML ones are Sacrificial for a good reason.

if not already, more people who have this problem should send an email to Minelab with pics.
Ive certainly heard & read of a fair few who have this happen.
with lots more feedback you would hope Minelab would do something about it!

Yes I agree, original is best, however you would think Minelab could use a more resistant plastic in the switch components considering the amount of use they get. Check any website the main complaint about the excalibur is the switches. Otherwise great machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts