Greetings from Monbulk

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all, new to the forum and keen to get back into gold fossicking after a lengthy absence. 1980 was the last time I swung a detector, a Bounty Hunter from memory. Fair to say equipment has changed a fair bit, as have the prices paid for it. Looking forward to the challenge of learning the new technology, and getting back out in the bush. Just hoping my old stomping grounds aren't all under new housing developments ?Steve

Thanks for the welcome Jaros, I've been busy scouting this amazing resource and finally have decided that the GPX 4500 is the machine for me. Picked one up today and spent a fun couple of hours setting it up. Feels a lot more ergonomic than I remember the 80's machines were. Now to hit the bush and try it out. Steve.

Welcome to PA Steve.
Even with such a great machine as the 4500, I'm guessing your first report may be bullets and nails - remember those?
However, it could also be a gold sovereign - just to prove me wrong?
Good luck with your hunt.

Thanks for the welcome BigWave. Ah yes bullets and nails, I remember them well! Also remember the first bit of yella as well, sat me flat on my backside. As I realised this machine can see gold as well! Fingers crossed ?Steve

Latest posts