Vic. Goldfields Are Nice And Green.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forecast for Creswick this week. Good luck!

1566100883_creswick.jpg

goldinbrisbane said:
Hey guys I'll be In creswick around slaty creek Vic on Tuesday and Wednesday does the creek have any water in it at the moment anyone else heading out there Tuesday or Wednesday

Hey goldinbrisbane we were out at Creswick on Friday (we filmed it, if you wanna take a look click on my name and go to the latest post). If you do take a look at the vid we were in the Mopoke creek but at the beginning I point out the Slaty and you can see how high it is.

The river was still pretty high and more than strong enough for a sluice. We have had a few days of light rain since then so it should still be about the same.

I may be headed out that way in the week just not sure when. Megsy's weather report doesn't look to good though :/

I have never seen the bush out Emmaville (Glen Innes)way so dry and bare.... The only thing that was Green were the Black Boys or Grass Trees to be politically correct...

1566615357_img_0325.jpg

2yrs ago We had issues getting through the undergrowth in this area... No birds, No animals, No new growth coming up... Never seen it so dry down there.... Easy to find what we needed to find tho..

LW...

Lonewolf I as a teenager use to prospecting Glen Innes at a property call Dwyer,s on Yarrow creek for sapphires so sad that creeks are dry glen innes is a great place same as kings gate hurts to see so dry

goldinbrisbane said:
Lonewolf I as a teenager use to prospecting Glen Innes at a property call Dwyer,s on Yarrow creek for sapphires so sad that creeks are dry glen innes is a great place same as kings gate hurts to see so dry

Worst Drought in 100yrs the locals are saying.... Seven river has just been pools for the last year, Every creek I saw 2 weeks ago have no water in them.... My mate at Emmaville has had only 30mm since Xmas.... That pic I put up was so hard to move the through the bush last year. Now look at it... It is not good when you camp for a week and see no Animals and only Swallows and Rosellas.... Head down to the River and we saw Magpies, Goats, Deer, Stray Sheep and Possums at night..... everything that used to live further afield are now living near the only water around......

Yet look at the pics of Victoria.... They have finally got good rains this Year... And much needed too...

I have sent you a PM Re: Cutters... :Y:
LW.....

goldinbrisbane said:
Creswick slaty creek was amazing thanks was cold tho my dog hated it after 2 days stayed at woodmans hill motel in Ballarat was great first visit to Vic

Your dog is smarter than me, I ended up getting a cold after poking around in the cold water too much. She is one beautiful looking dog. Glad you had a good visit those were some fantastic pics you took.

Latest posts