Two Old blokes stuffing around in the bush

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This thread is about funny side of life. Its going to be educational and stupid, Two blokes with only mateship of a common goal. Gold. We will post everything here, So far we have walked and walked , lots of different bottles found and JS has last picked up the first little guy, and I have 9. With todays work JS has some nice little colour in the pan. Thanks Mark

Now if youd have said strutting around in the bush - boy we could have had some fun!

1563173705_34e0ae05-1a71-48dd-8ee9-f648eac0f8d9.jpg

Funny thing, mate just bought us a couple of these t shirts the other day. Says thats us in 20 years. Pretty spot on I think. :D

In all seriousness , we do the 80 / 20 of research and detecting and stop to smell the roses of the environment we are in .
We are always learning and thinking and study the bush as we walk in ,looking for different signs of what went on all those years` ago . Mark reads the areas we go into very well and i am catching on. I take a few pictures as i go ,but you can`t take in all that is in front of you in a camera lense.
We see many mines , puddlers , tunnels, old camps and signs of mining from yesteryear. Personally i like doing what we are doing for the simple peace you get from being away from people. Turn the phone off for a few hours and enjoy nature.

While we were out sluicing / panning yesterday , i had a lightbulb moment. Maybe a dull lightbulb ,but it suddenly occurred to me the miners needed light to see the gold in the daytime. We were in a creek bed and were struggling to see the gold in the pan because of poor light in the middle of the day. The question that came into my little head was Did the miners cut trees down on the north or north east or north west of the mines to let more natural sunlight into their work area ? Sounds silly ,but not really. Thinking ,thinking. If we can`t see the gold too well in a pan ,how did they see the gold they were processing ?

I am gonna test this theory out ,soon . I`ll give you an example. The Jubilee mine at staffordshire reef has an open area north of the main mine and devils kitchen had forest on the south and was open on the north side.

FOZ

RM Outback said:
Ward69 said:
Its funny watching you idiots falling over yourselves trying to come with best comments

Sorry guys :beer: I'm keen to read your updates and enjoy your experiences :Y:

If anyone remembers I was in a very dark place back earlier this year, having a great mate with you, asking ARE YOU OK and doing something about, is very helpful. For those who cant get out there each weekend walking around finding history and the little bit of Gold this the best therapy. Im walking ever second day now. Bloody cold and wet. But enjoying life. Cant wait to be in Manila in next few months.

:Y: I like your motivation and adventurous attitude keep it up :beer:

I'll be following this thread with interest and wish you Two Old Blokes all the best :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel: I'm keen for when you buy that Pub Ward69 :beer: I'll happily sit down have a few beers, if you don't end up with a Pub and we cross paths we can have a few around a fire hopefully.

RM Outback said:

I'll be following this thread with interest and wish you Two Old Blokes all the best :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel: I'm keen for when you buy that Pub Ward69 :beer: I'll happily sit down have a few beers, if you don't end up with a Pub and we cross paths we can have a few around a fire hopefully.
Thanks RM Outback brought a bar in Manila. So plan your overseas trip
:p

Ward69 said:
RM Outback said:

Thanks RM Outback brought a bar in Manila. So plan your overseas trip
:p

Ha Ha funny thing these overseas trips, about to venture off to Fiji next month for my first experience OS. If all goes well who knows this might grow on me :lol: :8 time will tell.

Latest posts